Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are the replays so slow to go up in Vic?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Why are the replays so slow to go up in Vic?

RISE are responsible for putting up the replays of Victorian races on harness.org.au (among other things)
    Are they are letting down the side?
    Melton R1 was run at 6.22 and, along with the races since, there is still no replay up an hour and a half later

Menangle R3 (7.33) replay was up 10mins after it was run

The replays for Vic are up on the TAB and I have been told by HRV that HRV and Mediatec send the replays to both the TAB and harness.org.au SO when the replays are not up, it is a RISE/website fault

Edit I am not sure if this is true anymore BUT someone quite frequently lets the side down
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-01-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Once again we are 6 races into the program at Kilmore and not even the replay for R1 is up yet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    RISE have posted R2 for the replay of R1 at Ballarat tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    RISE have posted R2 for the replay of R1 at Ballarat tonight
    They tell me that this was HRV's fault as they do the uploading while RISE simply supply the platform
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been exchanging email with RISE and I thought there had been some improvement but not always (and I cannot understand why they cant get the replays up as fast as the TAB)
    I left Yarra Glen before the last today and would like to watch the replay from the results page (bigger better quality than TAB) but here, more than 2hrs after it has been run and won - ZIP
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nathan Jack got hauled in by the stewards for most of his drives at Shep last Tuesday
    I am not saying there was something untoward about his drive on the favourite in R9
    but it was one of his worst drives and the horse should have won by panels
    There is little excuse for getting hemmed in when you have had a cushy run in the 8 position and you are on the favourite (sometimes the 4 and 6 positions can get caught out - the 8 should be doing the catching out)

Anyway, I contacted RISE over 24hrs ago to let them know that there is no replay up for this Tuesday race - still nothing - THAT IS PLAIN SLACK

Of course you can see it on the TAB/Sky (probably could 5mins after it was run)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Nathan Jack got hauled in by the stewards for most of his drives at Shep last Tuesday
    I am not saying there was something untoward about his drive on the favourite in R9
    but it was one of his worst drives and the horse should have won by panels
    There is little excuse for getting hemmed in when you have had a cushy run in the 8 position and you are on the favourite (sometimes the 4 and 6 positions can get caught out - the 8 should be doing the catching out)

Anyway, I contacted RISE over 24hrs ago to let them know that there is no replay up for this Tuesday race - still nothing - THAT IS PLAIN SLACK

Of course you can see it on the TAB/Sky (probably could 5mins after it was run)
    Veeerrryy interesting! All the other replays are up, just not this race. Is there something HRV does not want us to see? I don't have any betting accounts so it looks like I don't get to see the replay.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Veeerrryy interesting! All the other replays are up, just not this race. Is there something HRV does not want us to see? I don't have any betting accounts so it looks like I don't get to see the replay.
    R5&9 from that meet still have not appeared (an email to Cody at HRV did not get a reply)

I still have not got an explanation why HRV's results page is 2nd rate as far as Video Replays go
    I missed R1 at Melton tonight and although the TAB/Sky had R2up within a minute or so (and I assume R1 too), harness.org.au have not got R1 up 50mins after it was run
    Why not?
    People without betting accounts and those who want to see the bigger pic that harness.org.au provides should not have to wait any longer than TAB patrons for replays
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No surprise that R1 replay (and no other races) up on harness.org.au at about the same time that the TAB have R6 up
    Someone is NOT doing their job
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Amazing what they can do when they try - Races 2,3,4,5,6 ALL up there now
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread