Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All things APG including the Captain Ravishing sale

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

All things APG including the Captain Ravishing sale

PP is asking how Derby finalist Captain Ravishing is owned by APG - does anyone know?

see Post 7 as to why this post and posts 2-6 have been moved from the NSW thread
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-09-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have reliable info that there have been cases where horses are sold at the sales but the purchaser has not settled. I think this is one of those cases
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have reliable info that there have been cases where horses are sold at the sales but the purchaser has not settled. I think this is one of those cases
    Can't say that is the case with this horse however the Sales Results published recorded him as being "Sold" for $80K to A. Portelli.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Can't say that is the case with this horse however the Sales Results published recorded him as being "Sold" for $80K to A. Portelli.
    I think that may just be on the day Dan before All Clear, you might say (and then somehow they were not forthcoming) as all 3 horses now owned by APG were supposedly bought by A.Portelli
    I have had contact from one of the owners and been told that the APG paid them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There has been Police and HRV action down at Terang this week
    PP is saying that the biggest buyer at the Sydney APG Sale 2yrs ago never paid for the horses
    How could APG make such a mistake, if indeed that is what happened - maybe we will see more horses going around in APG's name.
    These horses would be 3yo's now and some are royally bred

https://www.apgold.com.au/sales/sale...1/sydney-2020/
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-09-2022 at 12:38 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I might have to think of a better thread for all of this (here because the APG owned horse seemed related/similar)

I have looked up Tim McLean's 10 purchases from the 2020 Sydney APG and none have even been named

This from the local paper:
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

What has been happening with the APG?

This thread has been created retrospectively from posts originally in the NSW thread

You would think that there has to be an inquiry into APG. What with the $225k they appear to have worn from the A. Portelli purchases (one Sydney, two Melbourne), it appears we now have $576k of Tim McLean purchases (all from the 2020 Sydney sale). Whoever was handing out the credit had to have been sacked. I know that the A.Portelli vendors were paid (by APG?). If in total APG had to cover $801k - this is a big loss for the APG. It could be even more as there could be others and there were some Tim McLean small purchases at the Melbourne sale, like the Sydney purchases, none have been named/registered.

It is incredible to think that they have taken this long to act on the McLean horses. The value of these horses would have diminished substantially – if they don’t even race as 3yo’s their value would be miniscule. Mind you Captain Ravishing did get to race until the last month of his 2yo year, whether this was a maturity thing or the result of a long legal process - we deserve to know as APG is industry owned.
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-09-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I knew of the McLean rumours last year but couldn't find him as a licensee on Harness Web and cannot find any report of a disqualification. He was not the only one to welch on payment though as Captain Ravishing was knocked down to another person who is a well known participant. Guess what? The same person was at the APG sale in Sydney on Sunday!

How where they registered as a bidder? Who offered or approved them credit? How does APG get away with claiming it is a "not for profit" company whe it is seen to be owner of the racehorse Captain Ravishing? Who is paid the vendor of Captain Ravishing for the horse? Who has been paying the horse's bills? How do these occurrences comply with the company's constitution and rules?

Plenty of questions for the company to explain to its shareholders, or what remains, ASIC, HRA, etc. NB: As for the bona fides of the horse's ownership the horse is now in the name of Hassan Taiba as owner. I cannot find a way of determining when the change of ownership occurred however I recall noticing the APG as its owner when browsing the form guide last Saturday week.

Perhaps more gold coins than lolly wrappers were found down the back of the couch. Faces saved.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think it is one of those cases where you don't have to be disqualified to lose your license. I am thinking the Unpaid Forfeits list. Once upon a time you could find this list but I don't know where it is nowadays
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/rules/UNPDFLST.HTM#list

291. The Controlling Body shall keep a list known as the "Unpaid Forfeit List".

295. (1) The provisions of this rule apply to or with reference to a person named in the list, or in the equivalent list of a recognised harness racing authority as someone owing arrears, fees, charges or other amounts.

(2) The person named in the list shall be subject to the same disabilities and penalties as are declared by Rule 259 to apply to persons who are disqualified.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread