Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Bonnington

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe he does it on purpose?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    ...and pumped-up boof-heads who believe they are the second coming of The Bard.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I managed to read the rest of the story and could not believe my eyes when I saw this:

Let’s be clear about something; Mick Stanley never needed to let us in on early hopes for Rock N Roll Doo, and, by doing so, he was patently aware of the rod pressing sharply against his own back.

He did so for two reasons.

One, to help those that speculate on the industry, and very much aid in sustaining it, punters.

And two, because predictions like those he outlined help promote the sport in ways that nothing else possibly can.

If Rock N Roll Doo had never won any feature event, Stanley was still supporting the industry he loves by pumping his tyres.

2yrs ago, Mick Stanley was just pumped up and singing the praises of a horse he had big dreams for
    Why should we think he was doing it for the benefit of the industry
    His twitter account has the opening line "Harness racing trainer\driver. I’m not here to be liked, I’m here to win"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LITERARY genius Geoffrey Chaucer once sagely speculated that all good things must come to an end.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...g-masterpiece/

Please make him stop. It is generally his openings - he thinks it has to be grandiose
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Geoffrey Chaucer came to an end on the 25 October 1400.

Did JB here Chaucer say this first hand or is he just making it up? Whatever, he is just regurgitating the previously reported drivel of others. Any excuse to show the boss you haven't been playing solitaire all day, no doubt this piece of prose will be a nominee for a Joseph Coulter Award.

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    HE may be referring to the ending of the ride on the gravy train he's riding...for little in return? Well, at least many are hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    LITERARY genius Geoffrey Chaucer once sagely speculated that all good things must come to an end.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...g-masterpiece/

Please make him stop. It is generally his openings - he thinks it has to be grandiose

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    JB won the punting duel which PP initiates/imagines between them
    JB got his $200 back thanks to a part share of the Early Quaddie and Petilante running a place
    Archie did not have a collect despite being all around the money with a couple of his bets

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ght-game-plan/

I am about to watch the replay of last night's TrotsVision as you miss a lot when you are on track (you don't hear Dan's call for one) - I hope JB was in good form on there too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I tuned into Burning Questions as with it being the trotters night on Saturday and me not being a great follower of the trotters, I need all the help I can get
    JB really thinks he is a comedian but he is making inappropriate references/cracks about guest's facial hair and clothing colour.
    It is hard to believe his superiors are comfortable giving him such free rein

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ers-oaks-card/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    For decades, galloping zealots have represented the lowest hanging fruit for those charged with the task of broadening harness racing's church.

Sometimes, however, we're more than a little lazy when justifying the juxtapositions we create.

Given her class, charisma and - most germanely - her gender, Ladies In Red has been highlighted as harness racing's closest comparison to Winx.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...rsion-of-winx/
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread