Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Bonnington

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP has rightly gone to town on Bonno.
    Bonno does not let facts get in the way of his opinion
    He starts off with a boxing analogy which is totally wrong as Haggler v Hearns was over in 3 rounds
    Then claims Copy That was gifted the Ballarat Cup with a bloodless lead

The Lead time of 80.8 and Q1 of 28.7 were faster than when Smolda set the Tk Rec

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...-glory-champs/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Change the title to 'JB try harder'
    I am deaf but have great devices to eliminate my disadvantage in this area
    Listening to the interviews that JB conducted before the R3 APG final, I could hear 'the interviewed' perfectly but JB was mumble mumble mumble (is it partly because he is all over the mic as though it was an ice-cream?)
    Diction man - Diction, you are supposed to be a professional presenter

ps I have just realized that it is not all a diction problem for remembering that I read lips (not consciously but do) his covering his mouth with the mic is no doubt part of the problem
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-06-2023 at 11:44 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why is it that in an industry that is 50% amazing women, Burning Questions never has any of them on. I don't know if they are not invited or that they do not want to work with JB - we should have kept Nikita Ross and made her the host

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-andy-team-up/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Please give 'zealots' a rest

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...-beat-goes-on/

1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

I am not sure that it really applies
    Fanatic or enthusiast are definitely better
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I just can't be bothered reading his stuff any more.

aussiebreno
    PP hammering Bonno about a sexist comment. Some of its inaudible to me but isn't he just saying he's not good at keeping up with gear changes and saying Britt is good at keeping up with the gear changes? He mumbles and talks fast so I can't really catch the comment.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am the deaf coot on here Brendan but your interpretation seems a real stretch to me
    I think he says it in the way he does because he is making a snide remark
    There is no reason for him to reference Brittany (especially in your interpretation)

Unless someone goes to the trouble of improving/dissecting the audio - it will just blow over

Nevertheless for a sport with so many female participants, we are really struggling to find female presenters - last night's TrotsVision all male
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am the deaf coot on here Brendan but your interpretation seems a real stretch to me
    I think he says it in the way he does because he is making a snide remark
    There is no reason for him to reference Brittany (especially in your interpretation)

Unless someone goes to the trouble of improving/dissecting the audio - it will just blow over

Nevertheless for a sport with so many female participants, we are really struggling to find female presenters - last night's TrotsVision all male
    Having listened multiple times what I hear is
    "never miss a trainer, driver or gear change again. I've never really followed the gear changes that much, (I) probably should. Brittany Graham's great. Not really my go"

I am extremely confident of every word except great. But whether the word is great or something else it is a completely different sentence to Brittany Grahams not really my go. The not really my go is him following the gear changes.

He is clearly talking about all gear changes (not just gelding) and that a flaw of his is he doesn't follow them. Then I think he is just paying Britt a compliment because she is all over them.

+ Reply to Thread