Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do with all the money?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

What to do with all the money?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/raci...24-p5ao01.html

This is an article in The Age about what Racing Victoria might do with the proceeds of any sale of Sandown
    Another metro track? A state of the art training facility?
    The article has Mick Kent raise the underutilized 320 hectare Eden Park at Whittlesea (not that they own it) but it got me to thinking about how on face value Racing Victoria has so many underutilized resources

On my way home from Melbourne yesterday I noticed on the corner of Ararat racecourse the board promoting their next meeting in November, I thought that cannot be right - but it is

I looked at my racebook from Stawell last week and in the season calendar at the back I find that for Wimmera Racing the following allocation:

Donald 7
    Ararat 6
    Stawell 5
    Warracknabeal 5
    Horsham 4
    Murtoa 2
    and St Arnaud, Nihil and Great Western each have 1

I know the facilities at about half these tracks and they are too good to be so underutilized. I am hoping that they are at least used regularly for training
    Although I am not a fan of trots tracks inside a gallops track, luckily for Horsham they have us because for a town of that size to only have 4 meetings is unbelievable
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Racing Victoria has purchased a large parcel of land in Melbourne’s north-west, a property more than three times the size of Flemington, for the potential development of a new racetrack and training centre.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/raci...26-p5aovb.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread