Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vic Cup Carnival including Derby and Oaks

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I tuned in a bit late to the draws (missed Derby?)

Here is the Oaks draw - I like it
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Vic Cup
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Derby
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Post-race veterinary and endoscopy examination of Bondi Lockdown ($12.00 – 10th) revealed the horse to have bled present from both nostrils. In accordance with the mandatory provisions of Rule 101(3), Bondi Lockdown will now be stood down from racing for a period of three 3 months, until a veterinary clearance is tendered and Bondi Lockdown trialling to the satisfaction Stewards.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=MX011022
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The horses coming out of 1-4 in the Cup (with Emerg out) are the only ones given a chance

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...eld-breakdown/

I expect the Derby and Oaks over the longer journey to be crackers
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-07-2022 at 07:20 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Tough Tilly any other year would be a champ. Ladiesinred will do better for the run.

While a couple might have threw it away, great to see Plymouth Chubb win a major 3yo race.

Leap To Fame unreal. I guess it was the obvious tactic after last week but both horse and driver needed to be good enough to execute and they were.

Not the most testing Vic Cup ever. Can't fault the top 4 or even the rest of the beaten brigade apart from Ego who went horrible. Honolua Bay @ $34/$9 for ID looks overs. Got to give more confidence to Magnificent Storm to come over for the ID as well knowing theres no out and out Grand Circuit stars, currently $31.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been a great night here, the weather even got milder the longer the night went
    I am possibly being generous but the crowd may have approached 2,000 - not that all are harness fans as some had left before the Cup
    The last two 2yo Gp2’s should maybe be on another night as barely a quarter of crowd still around after Oaks

Backed ‘Doo’ as I saw him win last time I was here and knew he was the real deal
    I will post more when I have a keyboard but the other highlights were Leap To, seeing that Plymouth is really back, School Captain smashing the 2yo Tk Rec
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I think the result has been blown out of proportion with expectation now on Doo. It was just about the slowest Vic Cup at Melton while Honolua Bay worked early and got beat less than a length. Doo ID fave, Honolua $26 doesnt add up to me. Ego stopped in Better Eclipse/Copy That face so how they were mathematically supposed to reaccelerate and win I don't know how. Even those two are $12+ in the ID. I'm not sure any proof was garnered that any of the four are better or worse than each other. Three starts back despite the draws Doo was $34 and Bay was $2.25. It seems a pretty big overcorrection to me.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know that there is much between the four either Breno but the big thing is that Doo is now one of the four,
    I think Doo may be sensational if he got Butt, Alford, Lee in the cart (3 accomplished drivers without commitments elsewhere)
    I am actually warming a little to Mick Stanley - I think the TrotsVision segment helped BUT he isn't really a media type IMO. He must have had some media role early in the evening (did not see him on TrotsVision replay but it did not start until R2) as he easily won best dressed in an excellent suit
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting to read in the Stewards Report that it was through making contact with Plymouth Chubb's wheel, that possibly caused Harry Stamper to break when threatening

James Herbertson, driver of Harry Stamper NZ, was fined $200 under Rule 168(1)(a) for contacting the offside sulky wheel of Plymouth Chubb approaching the 200m resulting in the gelding trotting roughly and breaking gait a short distance after.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=MX081022
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread