Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2022 Breeders Crown

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sensational for Anne and Bill and Nathan Jack with School Captain. Also good to see the 2nd part of the feature about your destiny - interesting to hear about the beginning of the Anderson-Tonkin link being Maffioso. Revisiting his record, a cheeky question - is Anne actually your second name?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-20-2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: left School Captain out!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sitting in the death, on a rain affected track Captain Ravishing BREAKS THE TRACK RECORD going 1.51.1

One little thing that still irks me - his sale fell through at the yearling sales, APG themselves were his owner for his first couple of wins with Ahmed Taiba training him, next we know he is racing for Hassan Taiba. Did he have the inside running on purchasing him? Did APG (the Industry owned APG) get the best possible price for the horse?
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-20-2022 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Ahmed trained not raced
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The other good thing about School Captain's win is it showed that a horse can be prepared by someone other than the Stewart stable and win a juvenile major race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    2yo filly Rockinwithattitude was a phenomenal run to tough it out for 2nd after running an all age record lead time. We await the stewards report, Brad Williamson was suspended for causing interference at the start and destroying the hopes of Our Marvella - I hope he got several weeks for that. Some will say that is racing and that Jayden Barker could have handed up, either way it went for fifty to a hundred metres too long to be seen as reasonable

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM19112210
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Yes Kevin . My name is Elizabeth Anne , known as Anne from 4 years of age when friends called me Liz. I haven’t seen Part 2 hopefully it will be on replay this week. A family friendship with the Jack family of over 45+years meant emotions ran high with School Captain. Robbie Jack and his sons would stay at Dales Stables in Maribyrnong when he brought horses down from NSW to race at the Showgrounds. My father was a hobby trainer stabled there and Russell and Nathan have educated , trained and driven horses for us for many years and our win with School Captain together was a dream come true.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up

Great memories.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    What a fantastic meeting!

Captain Ravishing one of the biggest runs I have ever seen.

School Captain and Ladiesinred phenonomal. Plenty of other top performances on the night as well.

As for PP comments I think by now most have cottoned on not to listen to a word he says.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 11-21-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have 6 Gp3 races at Bendigo tonight - the Silver Crowns
    $20k and $30k races on a Tuesday night!

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC22112206

I don't know that they will be considered Group races under the changes next year as they would have to be deemed as consolations
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    We have 6 Gp3 races at Bendigo tonight - the Silver Crowns
    $20k and $30k races on a Tuesday night!

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC22112206

I don't know that they will be considered Group races under the changes next year as they would have to be deemed as consolations
    Ridiculous these are considered group races. Money is pretty handy for the also--rans though.

+ Reply to Thread