Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 AG Hunter Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is of course a 5yo Aussie with as good a record but somewhat surprisingly he did not nominate while the 5yo mare that would give him a run for his money is injured
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ts-hunter-cup/

Cranbourne is the Emergency
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No Catch A Wave - not even Emergency
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Copy That off the front is probably all he needs
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Old Town Road gets the visitor's draw - again.

I would expect SoSL, Honolua Bay and Copy That to work forward out of the gate with the others on the front line to ease. SoSL will hand up, I reckon, especially of Orange pushes on with Copy That.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Orange simply has to push on.
    Am I right in thinking Torrid Saint is pretty fast out?
    Could Ego get a nice run through?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Pity it's not a stand start with handicaps like it used to be?

Throw another unknown into the mix and make it more interesting?

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Moran is already ruling out going for the lead on Honolua Bay, preferring to hold him up for one sprint. So, Copy That can work forward at his leisure. As I have said previously, he drops the bit once in front but not the speed.

aussiebreno
    Sky Racing done a facebook post asking who will win the Hunter Cup. It has been up for 16hrs. Just the 10 likes and 4 comments.

This shows a severe disinterest in the sport as its well down on thoroughbred posts engagement from Sky Racing on facebook.

One of the 4x comments was "seeing as its a pacing race any of them can gallop". The same type of comment is made in pubs all across Australia.

Comments like this are essential as to why trotting races are scrapped. People cannot differentiate between the two. With so many trotters galloping it hurts the industry when punters are turned away from the sport altogether. While pacers do gallop infrequently its not the same major problem of trotters.

The comment also serves as validation for the Hunter Cup now being a mobile event.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I would like to think that comments like yours and the Sky poster's are read and considered by our administrators but I really doubt it.
    They probably see such things as small fry but they can be the core of our very survival
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread