Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WA Pacing Cup 2023

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

WA Pacing Cup 2023

Here I am again with my favourite war cry barrier draws. Diego in WA Pacing Cup Friday night draws Number 1 in the past 23 starts from 18th Feb 2022 the horse has drawn barrier 1 or 2 eleven times that's stretching the imagination.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-26-2023 at 09:17 PM.

aussiebreno
    Saving grace is Storm has drawn okay.

The way the race was run a fortnight ago he would have had to be at his very very best to win anyway, but it was really a subpar performance. Gave nothing the last 200m. Hopefully he can turn things around. $5 from Barrier 4 seemed unimaginable at any point in the past few months since he has been back racing. I'm prepared to have a crack on trust but it its the right price given how he went last start.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

WA Pacing Cup 2023

Nice and early for the East Coast

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM27012304
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Draw wins it.
    Best horse ran 4th.

Really love to see him Eastern seaboard where he isnt responsible for doing all the work and its not as much a leaders paradise.

aussiebreno
    Pole wins about 6 races in a row...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One of the most boring races you will ever see

It is 2936m and not a move made
    They must have thought they were in the Melbourne Cup and had the Flemington straight to wait for

I know it is the ridiculous track and in this case who was in the lead and the death but such a snooze fest
    If ever a track needed a sprint lane to give the leader something to worry about (and an option to hand up) - it is this track

The WA Pacing Cup is a $450k race (only $50k less than the Hunter Cup) it deserves better than having the result determined by the barrier draw

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM27012304
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    I agree Kevin the most boring pedestrian-paced Pacing Cup I've witnessed for years. It was gifted to the winner as I've mentioned barrier draws. Gloucester Park track needs to be extended to 1000 metres like Melton (1040) if it can't be done then move it somewhere else.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I agree Kevin the most boring pedestrian-paced Pacing Cup I've witnessed for years. It was gifted to the winner as I've mentioned barrier draws. Gloucester Park track needs to be extended to 1000 metres like Melton (1040) if it can't be done then move it somewhere else.
    Instead, the powers that be have done the deal to transfer a few acres of its land in exchange for development of new public facilities on the opposite (Eastern) side of the track. No extension of the track or mention of a sprint lane, just "improved" public facilities so patrons can look into the setting Sun while they try to watch a race.

Brilliant. Not a single board member at Gloucester Park worthy of being mentioned in the same paragraph as J P Stratton.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    The track at GP will be the only recognisable feature amongst all the high-rise buildings and shopping malls absolutely ridiculous not to mention the complaints about the dust emanating from the track. Harness racing tracks are just that they are there catering for racing. One of my pet hates a few years ago was the inclusion of a gymkhana as an addition to the racing program it may get people through the turnstiles but they're not there to watch or have a bet on the nags thankfully this ludicrous idea may have subsided more recently.

Gloucester Park holds a giant fireworks display on New Year's eve after the racing get your horses home as quickly as possible another side entertainment that distracts from the racing.
    Attached Images

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They don't care about that in Vic Rod. They have all the Gp1's on New Years Eve at Melton and if it was not NYE with fireworks, they would not get 1,000 there.
    The thinking is that if you get a handful of converts it is worth it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread