Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WOW Vic now has Sectionals for Every Meeting

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I knew who you were JP - it was a comparative rating. I am afraid, to convince me you will have to prove Triples inaccuracies. They provide information that I cannot quantify from looking at the replay and results.

Provide away

ps It can wait until tomorrow as the racing is about to begin
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Stridemaster, user in NZ by electronic tracking devices placed in saddle cloths, is the superior system. Other systems, by comparison, appear Mickey Mouse. Or crap, depending on the parameters you have to work within.

Member Yearling JanellePeter will become famous soon enough JanellePeter's Avatar
    Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    I'll show you some of the obvious errors from recent races. There are regular but not consistent.
    Note I check the race sections and they are correct, with the exception of Albion Park R8 which was actually 27.4s for the final Qtr.
    0.25 seconds difference would be around 3.4m. Albion Park is a massive error and race 9 was the same.

Home of PJ Harness Analyser - http://pjdata.com.au/

Member Yearling JanellePeter will become famous soon enough JanellePeter's Avatar
    Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    Sorry - I should have explained that these races are leader winning races so the race sectionals should be the horses sectionals.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I might debate you on the real issues tomorrow but I cannot see how it is in your interests to do so publicly.
    I can see why you would not like the word crap and have edited it (but this is just a forum for peoples opinions and it goes without saying that everything has an IMO attached to it)

You will notice that the discrepancies you have highlighted above for leaders is due to the differences in Lead Times that is where they have taken the lead time to finish and the last mile to have begun. When the lead time point is later the last Q is then shorter/faster while for AP when the lead time is earlier/quicker the last Q is then slower.
    What is important is the relative merit of the horses runs. Tomorrow you may or may not like to talk about how massive Distance Travelled is
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    Thanks for the edit. Appreciate it. I also appreciate different opinions and would actually agree that telemetry would provide more information... If it were correct. It would save me many hours doing what I do.

Still scratching my head with your explanation above sorry.
    4th quarter is the time taken for an individual horse to run from the 402.5m marker until they get to the finish line.
    If you are just displaying a relative merit, why call it 4th quarter. A relative number might works fine for that race but what if you want to compare those time to another race. That is why accuracy is important.

Happy to talk about distance travelled in races. I have spent many years considering how to factor this into analysis and enjoy swapping ideas about that sort of stuff.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The explanation was just a quick thought. I noticed that when your examples had the last quarter too fast - they had the lead time too slow, and when they had the last quarter too slow - they had the lead time too fast. It just seemed to me that where they were taking their last mile from had to be the answer
    I have PMd you
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread