Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Anyone remember "Destreos" ??

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The Hunter Valley is along way from Tassie, Danno, but I can smell the stench from across Bass Straight.

This has been a long time coming and it has arrived solely due to Tas Racing's and the Tasmanian Government's failure to act. Failure to act and subsequent cover-ups become the story, unfortunately.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone remember "Destreos" ??
    I think you're getting the Rattrays mixed up.

Ken trained Destreos until he got rubbed out. Then partner Sally took over. She owned the horse.
    Kent is the one quoted in the article.
    Guess they'll be related somehow.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Nothing on the 7:30 Report tonight, either. Just pumping the tyres on animal activists at the expense of pork producers and The Headmistress bullying the state opposition leader.

In the meantime:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-...ions/102148132

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) might now get the hint that people expect more from them - the Minister 'now' seems to (amazing what a bit of adverse media prompts)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    if you prefer the video version to avoid reading it can be found here. Runs for almost 5 mins.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-...able/102147648

This is a video version of the original ABC story but not as comprehensive (It is not the latest news posted by Showgrounds)
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-27-2023 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Clarity

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by thepacingman View Post
    I think you're getting the Rattrays mixed up.

Ken trained Destreos until he got rubbed out. Then partner Sally took over. She owned the horse.
    Kent is the one quoted in the article.
    Guess they'll be related somehow.
    Just to make things more confusing the power point presentation style ABC story (see post 9) identifies an interviewee as Kent Rattray
    The video version of the same story (see post 16) labels him as Ken Rattray
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Haven't fact checked so taking on face value. 92% increase in punting on Tas harness in past decade.

All Yole/Yole-connected money? Have to think there would be some drop-off from rank and file and pro punters with Yole dominating race fields, so I'd love to know how much Yoles are punting.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think there are a lot more pro punters out there than we realize. I would doubt it would be anywhere near half Yole money - you don't bet just to win back your own money. At a HRA microsoft teams meeting I was surprised to hear a pro who has followers say his gang bet $500k a week across all codes (I think that was it - if I was home I could check my notes) and he said it as if they were just medium players
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think there are a lot more pro punters out there than we realize. I would doubt it would be anywhere near half Yole money - you don't bet just to win back your own money. At a HRA microsoft teams meeting I was surprised to hear a pro who has followers say his gang bet $500k a week across all codes (I think that was it - if I was home I could check my notes) and he said it as if they were just medium players
    We are not talking wìn and place punters, either.

+ Reply to Thread