Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harness Racing's Fallen

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Harness Racing's Fallen

The devastating loss of Dean Holland had me contemplating the risks involved with harness racing.
    This piece by John Tapp states it clearly and is a tragic part of our history that should never be forgotten.
    Club Menangle and HRA have done a great service by creating this four years ago

https://www.johntapp.racing/trots/20...racings-fallen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Thanks for sharing Kevin,
    A formidable piece of work gathering that information, Peter Collier is an almost unfathomable source of historical data, where he gathers all his data I have no idea but his resources are formidable.

Easter weekend 1975 I drove my first ever winner at Tamworth Trots on the Saturday night on a horse trained by my Dad "Sedates Pride". Earlier in the meeting I had remembered the race caller stating another young bloke had driven his first winner. At the time I didn't think a lot about it but years later I wanted to know who the other young bloke was but due to things like the HRA not commencing comprehensive records keeping until the early '80's that information wasn't readily available..... I called Peter Collier and in 24 hours he told me the full results of both races i.e. placings, times, margins and which races they were on the program!!!

Peter Collier is not only a very genuine bloke, but a huge asset to Harness Racing.

As usual, I have waffled on, I just really wanted to say, that article is a wonderful addition to our sport's historical imprint.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I totally agree Dan, I hope the next generation of harness fans will have the wonderful resource people that we have.
    You have not waffled at all, in fact we would love to hear from you more often
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks for sharing Kevin,
    A formidable piece of work gathering that information, Peter Collier is an almost unfathomable source of historical data, where he gathers all his data I have no idea but his resources are formidable.

Easter weekend 1975 I drove my first ever winner at Tamworth Trots on the Saturday night on a horse trained by my Dad "Sedates Pride". Earlier in the meeting I had remembered the race caller stating another young bloke had driven his first winner. At the time I didn't think a lot about it but years later I wanted to know who the other young bloke was but due to things like the HRA not commencing comprehensive records keeping until the early '80's that information wasn't readily available..... I called Peter Collier and in 24 hours he told me the full results of both races i.e. placings, times, margins and which races they were on the program!!!

Peter Collier is not only a very genuine bloke, but a huge asset to Harness Racing.

As usual, I have waffled on, I just really wanted to say, that article is a wonderful addition to our sport's historical imprint.
    You have to love the old Year Books
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    So impressed by the Mcdowell family to give so much to the Dean Holland gofundme for Lucy & the chrildren.
    Very kind Colin & Cheryl & family .

+ Reply to Thread