I was actually thinking about zero attendance last night Brendan. What would it be like for the participants? Maybe like the origins of harness racing (no audience) just Farmer Jones v Farmer Next Door. It might be enough for many participants but other than your Aaron Dunns, they of course mostly rely on training fees so it is essential that owner numbers do not fall further - we would still have to attract owners. I believe it is a bit harder to do this if you cannot take them to the trots and excite them with a good night out. You might think this can continue but if the numbers attending do not justify the staff required to put on a good evening, then it will probably become a thing of the past - maybe we will have to rely on couch potato variety owners?

At the same time it made me think of my football coaching days (not the main man mind you), had a little time in the Amateur ranks and after coming from a strong Metro league where we had more attend than last night's trots, I had trouble coming to terms with the amateurs negligible crowds - I could not help but think "Why/who are we putting this on for?"

I take your point - I would just rather be in the position of the gallops