Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Victoria to only have 11 tracks

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Charlton seems to be a big winner with the new schedule. I hope they have fixed the flooding issues there !
    With all the extra traveling trainers will have to do and the new taxes on large towing vehicles the future looks rosey !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Here is the link to the CEO talking on RSN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wluwM7lWTAI

I noticed he mentioned Geelong as a key track - they have no July meetings
    Nothing much else that we didn't already know

EDIT: Have now listened to Paul Campbell's interview with the CEO and it is mentioned that Geelong is undergoing Lighting works

https://www.facebook.com/vege07/videos/767780048862284/
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-30-2024 at 08:45 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    When Paul Campbell said it was great news at the start of the interview , I nearly vomited. It was just a puff piece for HRV. No hard questions. Just sad.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ryan Phelan, Steve Cleve, Adam Hamilton - I would understand the comment, I didn't think Paul Campbell was a HRV employee - what does he do for a crust?

When you look at what they are racing for at Menangle and GP, how is it that none of our big Vic stables have made a move?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I don't know who Campbell works for but he seems to be a big supporter of HRV.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have a memory of some other issue where he fell into the camp that "any negative talk is bad for the industry" It can certainly be true but I also believe that honesty is the best policy so while not everybody believes in discussing sensitive issues, we don't want to be told how wonderful everything is when it isn't
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    I would have started the interview with- Well Matt, after many years of mismanagement, poor decisions and a carousel of unsuitable CEO's it's come time to make some cuts to the budget. Could you take us through them thanks....
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread