Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question?

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

Question?

Why is comment (satirical or otherwise) on Chris Root's article in the Sunday Herald Sun off limits?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    It's a little known fact that Chris Roots & John Curtin are in fact twins seperated very early on in their lives. Further to that, JC is in fact an Australian.
    The story goes something like this...
    One day the Stork came by, carrying a heavy burden and duly left both of them side by side in a Cabbage Patch. Chris was soon picked up and taken home by a nice Aussie couple... but apparently John was asleep at the time & so he was understandably very easily mistaken for a Cabbage. He stayed there in the patch for a while before being picked, packed for shipment & exported to NZ and the rest, as they say, is history.
    Now that JC has become the owner/boss of this website/forum thingo, Jules...eager to do his Master's bidding...rides shotgun over anything and everything posted that concern's JC's lost lost twin brother, Chris. It is no more or less complicated than that.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I have read the article, and think HRNSW are beating a stick on anybody challenging their ideas! Good luck in trying to get a fair say on anything harness racing related, it is a closed door!...........maybe Sam has been preaching the "10 Commandments" of HRNSW at these sessions! "Thou shall not commit adultery against HRNSW" being a resounding starter!!

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Why is comment (satirical or otherwise) on Chris Root's article in the Sunday Herald Sun off limits?
    Most questions or highlights of facts that I put up get removed from this forum.
    And this forum now seems to be very quiet which suggests that there are others that are being shut down.
    You'll see on harness.org.au that some trainers have their horses referred to when discussing positive swabs where as others have their trainers name.
    If I gave an example then the post would get removed again and so you'll have to do your own research.
    There is a big lack of consistency and I'd hate to be trying to make a living in this sport.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    Most questions or highlights of facts that I put up get removed from this forum.
    And this forum now seems to be very quiet which suggests that there are others that are being shut down.
    You'll see on harness.org.au that some trainers have their horses referred to when discussing positive swabs where as others have their trainers name.

If I gave an example then the post would get removed again and so you'll have to do your own research.
    There is a big lack of consistency and I'd hate to be trying to make a living in this sport.
    My removed post was not critical of Chris Roots, it was a satirical take on his article that took the p***s out of the sports leadership group and their draconion reaction to criticism.It was in no way defamatory but was removed without explanation.A follow-up enquiry to Harneslink Admin has also been ignored.So much for critical comment.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Your article was not off Limits as you suggest. It has nothing to do with harness racing in Australia per say and thus was moved to the OFF TOPIC / GENERAL thread.
    This is clearly visible from the Forum front page.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by racefair View Post
    Your post was removed as although you were certain it was not defamatory, that was only your view.
    When I read your post I had a lawyer reading it over my shoulder. We were both satisfied that not one but three instances of defamatory comment appeared in your post. Accordingly it was deleted.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Tony, do you think will I get done for saying the a sleeping juvenile JC was easily mistaken for a Cabbage?

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Hey Tony, do you think will I get done for saying the a sleeping juvenile JC was easily mistaken for a Cabbage?
    No Jaimie but you're in all types of muck about your comment on the athleticism of kiwi shearers..

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    They'll never be forgiven for showing up over here with their wide combs.

+ Reply to Thread