Go on VVV humour me, why is Life Sign over Lisheen not a real world example, one is male, the other female, and foaled a year apart and you've said that it would only be inbreeding if they were from the same maternal family didn't you? Guess you'll say next the owners don't like each other.

So in your "family over family" assesment of American Ideal does that make him inbred because that is the same imediate dam line, or does it need to be, seeings you've mentioned it, as close as Artistic Fella"s "family over family" arrangement?

VVV wouldn't be interested of course but since Leon Rasmussen and Romy Faversham published in the 1999 a book called "Inbreeding to Superior Females" that pedigree configuration has been known as Rasmussen Factor Formula One pattern because horses breed this way were often very fast. Rasmussen and Faversham were TB pedigree analysts, but John H Wallace the original creator of the trotting register had made the same observations some hundred years earlier.

Tell All is another example of the formula one pedigree.

So Talilia is linebred not inbred, don't two full siblings have the same maternal lines? Just trying to get a handle on your claims about only inbred if from the same maternal family?

Keep reading VVV you just might get how congenital defects/conformation faults occur and possibly reoccur. In the mean time on top of the reading I have done I have a real world friend and farrier who has spend his last twenty plus springs correcting faults in the foal crops of the two major TB studs in the hawkesbury (and more recently his SO STB foals). These are now regularly the 3rd and 4th generations of these families he has seen, and it has got to the point where in most instances just by knowing which mare the foal is out of he already knows what the defects will be. Don't believe me, He's been around long enough to know Rob Van Dyke well when Rob was a farrier, ask Rob who his daughter went annd greeted at ABEC the other day.

You aren't in the real world VVV, if a horse has two copies of a dominant gene then it will ALWAYS pass one on, If it has one copy of the dominant gene then it will pass it on 50% of the time but in each instance a horse that receives a copy of the gene it will exhibit the disease. There are in excess of 380,000 horse with HYPP doesn't sound very self limiting does it. Yes this one can be managed some by diet (low potassium) but why don't you ask a human sufferer then perhaps you'd understand why you wouldn't want to breed a horse with it. There is no cure for HERDA and most horses have died or been euthanised as a result before they are 5 years of age.

The problem with sticking your head in the sand with regard to what may happen VVV means that you don't know the sky is falling until a piece of it has hit you on the butt!

VVV said & quote "inbreeding in the true sense involves two individuals with the same immediate maternal line" I"ll ask you again to provide a reference for this because without one it clearly has as much accuracy as this-

[VVV] I supect that's the very crux of it all Dan. Both of the horses that tested positive were Entires. I'd bet my Jatz Crackers that Boldenone and similar substances are being used as a post race recover aid with absolute impunity on the geldings of both racing codes throughout the country but because they are sans the aformentioned tackle they will duly go under the threshold when tested. It is no for no less complicated than that.

Remember where that got you?

Thanks for the invite but my dance card is kinda full.