Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire/Northern Luck as a Sire info required.

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin email.Kevin.Dinnigan@Three.com.au Dinnigan
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hindu Rani. Hindu Goddess.Hindu Rama,Hin

Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire/Northern Luck as a Sire info required.

Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire/Northern Luck as a Sire info required.

Hi All.
    I am a small Australian private breeder, can anyone help me with information regarding Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire. What bloodline mares work with this sire, progeny etc.
    Any data out of US breeding would be great.
    Also Northern Luck a son of Camluck, what mares bloodlines as produced winning progeny in the US. Any info welcomed and any info to point me in the direction to gain info.
    Look forward to responses..
    Happy Breeding.
    Kevin.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Gday Kevin

Have you looked at the Classic Families website?

Go here www.peppertreefarm.org

Click on Breeders World up the top. Then click on Classic Families. Enter Presidential Ball in the box.
    When the screen comes up click on the Classic Crosses tab. Gives you a list of all horses that have won classic races that are out of Presidential Ball mares. Shows sires, horse name, etc. Can sort the list by clicking on the column headings. Also can click on any of the underlined fields to 'dig deeper'. Its not a list of all winners just classic winners (if you click on Classic Races up the top it gives you a list of what they are).

Also if you go here http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...nline-rpts.htm there are all sorts of reports (including broodmare sires reports) that are now available for free. You need to register first (tells you how to do it on that page above) to get a username\password. But all free.

Cheers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Hi Kevin

Pres Ball's best individual broodmare sire credit to date is Not Enough who is by Grinfromeartoear.

Overall though, PB mares have crossed well with Western Hanover and his sons. One of the better 3yos going round in the US at the moment is Simpy Business who is by Rocknroll Hanover.

He has also had good success with sons of Artsplace as well as crossing well with Mach Three and Apaches Fame.

To date PB mares have only produced 2 millionaires - one by Grin and one by Mach Three.

Regards

Harvey

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hi Paul..
    Thanks for reply..Yep done all that..Just wanted any extra info out of the USA, The USTA website costs for every entry you search and it's not cheap.
    Checked out the NZ data base but not a great deal to go on. I know that Artsplace sires are a good cross with this sire;s bloodlines, but looking for options.
    Thanks anyway...
    Best Regards..
    KevinD.

Real Name
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hey Harvey...
    Thanks for the reply.
    What i am looking for is any progeny out of PB mares sired by Camluck/Big Towner bloodline sires.
    The USTA site is expensive to gain info.
    Once again thanks
    Take Care.
    KevinD

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    In the US, PB mares have had limited success with Sportsmaster and Camotion, but nothing i would get too excited about.

i have a PB mare myself, and I am looking at Western Hanover or Artsplace lines or Mach Three/Courage Under Fire

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Thanks for posting this Kevin as I have a PB mare retiring this year.
    Thanks also to the kind people who have taken the time to post their thoughts
    Much appreciated

cheers

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

How about line breeding to Cam Fella?

G'day Kevin,
    I had a look through his fastest/better class race winners and something interesting popped up. There are quite a few in there (including a number that have gone in 1:50 or faster and won 250k+) that are in fact linebred to Cam Fella...as in PB mares having been bred to Cam Fella line sires such as Pacific Fella, his son No Pan Intented and NPI"s half brother Bettor's Delight as well as Camotion etc. If you decided to go down that road there are any number of Cam Fella line sires available to you here in Oz, just depends on what your mare's like in relation to them and what you want to spend.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    http://www.pedigreeguru.com

Try this site, you can sign up and get 2 days free.
    It will answer all your question, there will be some on this forum that use the site.
    Last edited by Starship Captain; 06-12-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

This colt is from a Presidential Ball mare

Wearable Art, flashed early & brilliantly, very promising but got hurt & was never the same. Shows a lot of heart here for the length of the Big M stretch to hold off The Quiet Mon in the 2007 Berrys Creek Final. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIGLF...feature=relmfu

+ Reply to Thread