Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zac butcher

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    So as long as I don't point the finger at a mod in particular I can call the moderating team a joke (not that I would want to - this is a great forum!) and thats ok because its a group/corporate body? Somebody, an individual, came to that decision of $500.
    Not that I am for deleting Marks comment, just bemused at the amount of previous posts of mine that should have been deleted if Dons got deleted! My post count would drop significantly!!!
    Quite clearly from your response you didn't read the post at issue here, nor do you understand its significance. This has nothing to do with moderators or specifically me. It is a case of impugning someone's charcter directly rather than the views they may hold. He expressed an opinion.(not fact but opinion) His right.
    I expressed my opinion on the topic.(not fact but opinion) my right.
    In quoting my opinion in his response he directly responded to my opinion.(attached my post).
    This response had nothing to do with the issue being debated, whether my opinion was flawed or otherwise.
    It was a direct attack on my personal character.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you dont like an opinion offered you can challenge it with facts or conversely offer your own opinion.
    It's not appropriate to attack a person because their opinion differs from yours. I have tried to make the point many times on this forum.
    Attack the issue not the person. Some people have recognised and taken the message on board. If I seeposts which attack the person rather than the issue and I believe them to be malicious in nature I will delete them.
    You may believe that you read something placid today but down the track have a falling out over some other unrelated issue.
    What you read on the forum may give you ground to act against the forum.
    You think this unlikely and I'm scaremongering eh?
    Well it has happened, Is happening today,.. )a case of what's written on a forum like this is a current defamation case before the NZ High Court) and surely can happen in the future.

As Neil said in post no 6 above.

Finally If you read it and "didn't see much in it" and "I see you as deeply disturbed" (your opinion with no factual basis), an opinion not shared by my legal adviser.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Quite clearly from your response you didn't read the post at issue here, LOL, trying to tell me what I did or didn't read. Come off it. I guess if I am ever drunk/take roofies one night and forgetful the next day I can just message you and you can tell me what I got up to that night as well? While I don't have a photographic memory I know Don Corleone made specific mention to Zac Butcher bringing the sport into the "21st century" (note the quotation marks, I bet my life on that) That bit was certainly on the topic of the thread, whereas in post#9 you categorically said Dons post was in "no way any type of response to the issue". Well sorry, but does saying congrats to Zac for bringing the sport into the 21st century constitute being on topic? I think so. Again I don't have access to the post to go on any further than this. nor do you understand its significance. This has nothing to do with moderators or specifically me. You're right, I bit into this thread after Neil's post. I hope you arent seeing this as an anti Teecee thing. It is a case of impugning someone's charcter directly rather than the views they may hold. He expressed an opinion.(not fact but opinion) His right.
    I expressed my opinion on the topic.(not fact but opinion) my right.
    In quoting my opinion in his response he directly responded to my opinion.(attached my post).
    This response had nothing to do Get your hand off it Teecee with the issue being debated, whether my opinion was flawed or otherwise.
    It was a direct attack on my personal character.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you dont like an opinion offered you can challenge it with facts or conversely offer your own opinion.
    It's not appropriate to attack a person because their opinion differs from yours. I have tried to make the point many times on this forum.
    Attack the issue not the person. Some people have recognised and taken the message on board. If I seeposts which attack the person rather than the issue and I believe them to be malicious in nature I will delete them.
    You may believe that you read something placid today but down the track have a falling out over some other unrelated issue.
    What you read on the forum may give you ground to act against the forum.
    You think this unlikely and I'm scaremongering eh? Yes, 1 poster on a forum when there is, a conservative estimate, hundreds of forums operated in NZ. Pretty unlikely I would say. So while as you outlined the legalities within this post I respect those and appreciate the job you and other mods do on this forum, but seeing as you bought the likelihood up lets not kid ourselves of the chances of that happening here.
    Well it has happened, Is happening today,.. )a case of what's written on a forum like this is a current defamation case before the NZ High Court) and surely can happen in the future.

As Neil said in post no 6 above.

Finally If you read it and "didn't see much in it" and "I see you as deeply disturbed" (your opinion with no factual basis), an opinion not shared by my legal adviser.
    If you are going to quote me at least get it right. It's right there in front of you. Btw I meant you are deeply disturbed at Dons post, not you as an individual. Would you agree with that? I think your carefully constructed media release and legal advice indicate that.
    I respect the legalities that the forum must operate around, but seeking legal advice after Don's post...well thats just a bit precious imo, a mountain out of a molehill type situation. If Don's post was worthy of legal action well I'm going to hang up my keyboard and also make a pact to never go outside ever again just in case I look at somebody the wrong way and they sue me for all I got!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    If you are going to quote me at least get it right. It's right there in front of you. Btw I meant you are deeply disturbed at Dons post, not you as an individual. Would you agree with that? I think your carefully constructed media release and legal advice indicate that.
    I respect the legalities that the forum must operate around, but seeking legal advice after Don's post...well thats just a bit precious imo, a mountain out of a molehill type situation. If Don's post was worthy of legal action well I'm going to hang up my keyboard and also make a pact to never go outside ever again just in case I look at somebody the wrong way and they sue me for all I got!
    I am not contemplating legal action That would invariably involve Harnesslink and this forum for publishing it. These are the very people I am trying to protect by deleting any suspect posts and posters, and have not sought legal advice specific to this but I am told it may be worthy of legal action hence it is deleted. We simply read the forum together and discuss our views on what is written is fair and basically within the rules.
    Don is not banned but apparently left the forum. (his choice) and all that has happened is that his unhelpful post is deleted as it doesn't meet the rules of the forum
    That said there is no need for you to take it to heart. Just remember it's impossible to erase what's written when it's easy to deny what's said.
    I have many qualifications to my name after many many years of study but one I haven't is media journalism. I dont write media reports. I simply put my viewpoint so that all can hopefully understand it. What I write is what I mean and able to be quoted...you know!!!!!
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread