Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
So as long as I don't point the finger at a mod in particular I can call the moderating team a joke (not that I would want to - this is a great forum!) and thats ok because its a group/corporate body? Somebody, an individual, came to that decision of $500.
Not that I am for deleting Marks comment, just bemused at the amount of previous posts of mine that should have been deleted if Dons got deleted! My post count would drop significantly!!!
Quite clearly from your response you didn't read the post at issue here, nor do you understand its significance. This has nothing to do with moderators or specifically me. It is a case of impugning someone's charcter directly rather than the views they may hold. He expressed an opinion.(not fact but opinion) His right.
I expressed my opinion on the topic.(not fact but opinion) my right.
In quoting my opinion in his response he directly responded to my opinion.(attached my post).
This response had nothing to do with the issue being debated, whether my opinion was flawed or otherwise.
It was a direct attack on my personal character.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you dont like an opinion offered you can challenge it with facts or conversely offer your own opinion.
It's not appropriate to attack a person because their opinion differs from yours. I have tried to make the point many times on this forum.
Attack the issue not the person. Some people have recognised and taken the message on board. If I seeposts which attack the person rather than the issue and I believe them to be malicious in nature I will delete them.
You may believe that you read something placid today but down the track have a falling out over some other unrelated issue.
What you read on the forum may give you ground to act against the forum.
You think this unlikely and I'm scaremongering eh?
Well it has happened, Is happening today,.. )a case of what's written on a forum like this is a current defamation case before the NZ High Court) and surely can happen in the future.

As Neil said in post no 6 above.

Finally If you read it and "didn't see much in it" and "I see you as deeply disturbed" (your opinion with no factual basis), an opinion not shared by my legal adviser.