Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This made me laugh...

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan

Thumbs down This made me laugh...

I have no issue with club directors trying to market their carnivals and events, but this seriously has to be one of the greatest examples of 'wordsmith' nonsense I have read for some time..... some of it had me in complete hysterics!

I genuinely hope for the industry that many people do attend the carnival and that punters invest big, but this article makes it sound the like VRC Spring Carnival is about to hit Bankstown!

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=18704
    Bankstown City Council Cup of Harness Racing

02 August 2012

‘THE Bankstown City Council Cup of Harness Racing kicks off with heats races at Sydney’s harness racing home, Bankstown Paceway, from next Monday, August 6th, 2012,’ Bankstown Paceway director Megan Lavender announced today.

‘Our new expanded winter carnival both articulates and contributes to the development of the aspirations, values and beliefs of Australia’s diverse population by engaging and connecting with people of all ages and backgrounds in the spirit of what has evolved into not only a time honoured local cultural celebration, but an internationally recognised and televised sporting event,’ Ms Lavender said this afternoon.

‘Featuring an action charged series of harness racing culminating in the Bankstown City Cup Gala Race Night on Thursday, August 16th, 2012, the 2012 Carnival will also include the Inaugural Equine Art Exhibition, Our Racing Heritage, and a trackside Breakfast with the Stars of this elite sporting competition,’ Ms Lavender said.
    ‘The Bankstown City Cup Carnival – part of our nation’s six billion dollar equine industry – is also a major stimulant of local economic growth and development for the City of Bankstown and its harness racing businesses and families by attracting harness racing competitors to our area from across Australia and New Zealand, stimulating demand and creating jobs for hard working families,’ she said.

‘Targeting sporting and racing enthusiasts, as well as animal lovers, from across Australia, the Carnival also represents a social and cultural celebration for people of all ages, and in particular families, with this year’s event scheduled to include a range of on course activities, as well as the return of the popular ‘Fashions on the Field’ and ‘Mini Trots’ miniature pony races featuring the skills and talents of local school age children.

‘With the continued support of Bankstown City Council, the Carnival not only ensures the provision of an enjoyable, affordable and accessible activity, but contributes to promoting the positive image of Bankstown – our industries and our people – as the sporting and cultural capital of Sydney harness racing. By hosting the Bankstown City Council Cup, Bankstown ensures its place as a city of progress on the world map of harness racing.

‘Bankstown City Council Cup Heats Race Day will be held on Monday, August 6th, 2012, at Sydney’s harness racing home, Bankstown Paceway, with the first race set to start at 2.14 pm,’ Ms Lavender added.

aussiebreno
    I don't think Ms Lavender and the Bankstown committee are all there! Every time I read a Bankstown press release I'm left bewildered at something.
    I've bought it up on the forum, they had an article saying how the held a competition/lucky draw or something and the end result was a young primary school aged kid got to have a race named after him. I mean thats all great and a big thumbs up to the club. But in their press release they billed it as a world record for the youngest person to have a race named after them!!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    They should have Live Trap Shooting using real Pigeons instead of Clay versions thereof.
    Fingers crossed the water truck fires up.
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Actually VVV I've hardly seem a pidgeon for quite sometime, something to do with the foxes I'd imagine. I cross my fingers every morning that the water truck starts, that cloud of smoke certainly is a relief! I'm told the new water truck is only a couple of weeks away now.

Mitch you say that you hope people turn up and punt in droves at Bankstowns carnival and you have no issue with directors marketing their carnivals and most of all you said that it made you laugh!!!! isn't laughing a good thing? You know they say laughter is the best medicine right? So why the thumbs down icon in the title????

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Actually VVV I've hardly seem a pidgeon for quite sometime, something to do with the foxes I'd imagine. I cross my fingers every morning that the water truck starts, that cloud of smoke certainly is a relief! I'm told the new water truck is only a couple of weeks away now.

Mitch you say that you hope people turn up and punt in droves at Bankstowns carnival and you have no issue with directors marketing their carnivals and most of all you said that it made you laugh!!!! isn't laughing a good thing? You know they say laughter is the best medicine right? So why the thumbs down icon in the title????
    Actually Dot I think this release is a touch over the top, having said that I agree with you, here is a genuine effort to promote the sport good on you Bankstown at least you are having a go.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Maybe a Fox Hunt then Dot? That'd be a hoot. Sound the horn of the water truck and shout "Release the Hounds!". Problem is they'd bugger off en masse over to Bankstown Square and savage some poor bastard's Kebab Shop.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Bill promotions speak on anabolic steroids I think! But really whats the harm. Credit where credit due and Megan should be congratulated and applauded on the effort that she puts in for the club and the sport. Has certainly been more politicians taking an interest of late, and love or hate them they do control the public purse strings. Had it on very good advice that a certain other club CEO was also in attendance at the last Bankstown meeting, hmmm probably something to do with the politicians and I guess the catering really cant be as bad as VVV would have people believe!

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    I've actually been fox hunting VVV and yes it was a hoot. Definately need a few hounds though, the cheeky buggers sit in the middle of the track and watch the horses go by. Don't have to go as far as Bankstown square not for a kebab VVV, theres a great kebab shop on the corner of Eldridge and Edgar street!

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Would like to go on a Fox Hunt just as long as I didn't have to jump any fences. I'd fall off, no risk.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    But VVV thats what makes it exciting!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread