Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
Keep following your dream Luke and I am sure that one day it will come true. I never owned a pacer but used to take my son to the local trots, from the age of 5 he would tie a set of reins to the fence sit on a chair and would drive the "horse"and call the race. He did this until he was about 14 years old, he then got a chance to drive a horse in track work. I bought him his first horse at 16 yrs. he went on to get his drivers and trainers licence. Even though he drove some winners he always only wanted to be a trainer, two years ago he was in the position to become a full time trainer which he has been very successful at. He is at present 4th in the state trainers list and 9th in the national list. So I am sure Luke that with the great support you get from your family all your dreams will come true.
That's great stuff! Son noticed your name on forum a while ago and follows your sons horses. I bought the old sulky from my friends parents that their horse raced in 25 years ago. Its bolted to the C channel in shed and he drives many a winner down there. Unfortunately he's allergic to horses but he'll find a way to fit in there somewhere.