Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with ITMQ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Question

Went back and have watched replays of heats a few times now coz thought must be missing something after earlier comments. I must be going blind.

He ain't in the picture much on replays coz he never in the race. Maybe I need to buy a new REAL wide angled telly.

Someone please tell me what I'm missing. Not being biased Rod !!!

On that run, how does Dasher VC get a wildcard into an Interdom final. Not an M3 or better, an INTERDOM FINAL?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Agree with what u have said TC.
    I totally think that Smoken Up qualifies for your category b).
    Personally I haven't heard the veterinarial reason as to why he was scratched but if by Final day he would be ready to go I reckon he deserves to b a wildcard 100% regardless of him not competing, no one can challenge his resume and current form to say he is not a worthy Finalist.
    [VVV] Could not agree more. If there's a rabbit to be pulled from a hat then Smoken Up deserves a shot, regardless.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I though Dasher VC was incredible last night. He thoroughly deserved his wildcard on last night's performance and his previous efforts as well. Mysta Magical Mach, 35-1 to "Make the Final", go you good thing : )

Smoken Up ? gimme a break. You guys are kidding.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The injustice last night, was WA not having a third guaranteed before the jump. The impact that had on the heat was evident 100m after the jump. I was at Menangle last night but I spoke to a mate who was at GP after the race. He did the math for the lead time = to a 55 Half ?

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and ITMQ, $4.5 available in a couple of places, is unbelievable value. I've taken it and I'm hoping he gets a terrible draw, I want 10. I'll double up.

$301 Each Way Dasher VC with a wildcard, nibbled at that too. He was double figures two days ago when it looked a forlorn task to make the final.

Banned Foal brother cool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Walters
    The worst inter series i have seen people are not interested

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Back to the original intent of Whats with ITMQ? Which IMTQ will turn up in Sydney? The totally dominating one from last Sat night or the one that had been struggling in the last few weeks in WA (hence me tipping Mysta Magical Mach on top)? Rod you shouldn't take this as the Eastern States bashing up your champ. Its a simple question that will be answered in a couple of weeks. I thought it was a defining moment in the Vic Cup when he got a dream trail and then an absolute dream out on the bend to challenge only to be swallowed up by Caribbean Blast...he undoubtably had his chance that night.

Now Whats With Excel Stride? He couldn't get out of his way in the weeks leading up to the Heat in Menangle and on Sat night he was never gonna get beat. I'm putting IMTQ and Excel Stride runs down to the vagaries and glorious uncertainty of racing. However there will be nothing vague about how TTL puts them all to the sword in the final.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I would have thought that the "wild card" concept was to promote...
    a) a horse who was clearly unlucky in his heat to miss the final,
    b) one of the leading prospects whom one might expect under normal circumstances to make the final or add something to it.

Wild Cards often need not be issued simply to make up the numbers which IMO has happened here.
    Neither horse issued a wild card entry to the final impressed enough nor was unlucky to offer something extra to the final other than to make up the numbers or "heaven help", get in the road!!. To that end I find it difficult to understand the logic of a 5th placegetter offered a wildcard without seriously unlucky effort.
    The only horse IMO in the unlucky runner category was Devil Dodger and only managed Emergency 1.

PURE POWER NZ was held up for clear running the entire length of the home straight.

So maybe he was UNLUCKY.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Back to the original intent of Whats with ITMQ? Which IMTQ will turn up in Sydney? The totally dominating one from last Sat night or the one that had been struggling in the last few weeks in WA (hence me tipping Mysta Magical Mach on top)? Rod you shouldn't take this as the Eastern States bashing up your champ. Its a simple question that will be answered in a couple of weeks. I thought it was a defining moment in the Vic Cup when he got a dream trail and then an absolute dream out on the bend to challenge only to be swallowed up by Caribbean Blast...he undoubtably had his chance that night.

Now Whats With Excel Stride? He couldn't get out of his way in the weeks leading up to the Heat in Menangle and on Sat night he was never gonna get beat. I'm putting IMTQ and Excel Stride runs down to the vagaries and glorious uncertainty of racing. However there will be nothing vague about how TTL puts them all to the sword in the final.

Hi Brad,
    I suppose bashing is a little harsh but most comments about ITMQ are so negative it appears that way.
    Koala King was a great horse with a very similar racing style to ITMQ - never anything negative said about KK,and rightly so. Quinny, a superior horse to Koala King
    cops nothing but brickbats. As for Caribbean Blaster's run in the Vic Cup, he had the same sought of run ITMQ had in his I.D.heat,sat at the back of the field having a bludge
    ( as 2minuteman referred to Quinny), while the other main contenders where going crazy up front, running the fastest lead time ever run at Melton. On having said that, in my opinion,
    Caribbean Blaster is the best horse going around in Australia and I think Terror To Love is definitely vulnerable racing here. As for Smoken Up not receiving a wild card entry as others
    have eluded to, ( not you ), well,'' there's no show without punch'' is there, not participating in the heats and then wanting a free run into the final, give me a break and all the other finalists as well.
    Sounds like my usual SU bashing to which I have been guilty, but not in this case.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 02-18-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: changed wording

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Rod,please read the following article from today's Sydney Telegraph,my comments in parenthesis.
    “But while he is the prince of Perth, Im Themightyquinn has been less potent in the east, with numerous big-race defeats in Sydney and Melbourne.(this is fact)
    Hall wants to erase that stain from the pocket rocket's record.
    "There are a few people over there, including some of the so-called experts, who bag him and I don't think that is fair," Hall said yesterday.(neither is black duck's wing)
    "So more than anything else I want to go to Sydney and win to shut them up and prove how good this horse really is."(O.K. Easterners,here we come to kick arse.)
    Hall said his greatest concern was the giant Menangle track, which oddly favours frontrunners in major races.(Oops, might be a problem,although the comment has some validity the qualification that it is apparent in major races is the first step in covering the a**e)
    "It is really hard to come from back in the field there because the track is so good the leaders don't stop," he said.(geez,good as we are,it's going to be bloody tough)
    "So that is an issue for a horse like Quinny who like to settle early.(As in,we'll amble out,drop back,have a bludge and sprint over the top of all.)
    "If we are back and a horse like Terror To Love is on the speed, well it makes it incredibly tough."
    (Now,this is the biggest caveat of all and I read it this way.
    We like to drop out,bludge and scream home. That bloody New Zealander is going to do a bit of work,get up close and come home in a 28 and change last quarter and we are going to have to come home in 26 and a bit and all this if we get to drop back and everybody else sits in 2 x 2 and ambles along.)
    Now Rod,we know that as much we would all like to be able to have races run as we would wish,bitter experience tells us that that simply does not happen in big races. There is always somebody prepared to have a go,Lance Justice,Chris Lewis anyone?

Garry Hall Jnr is not showing much confidence in his horse by making the qualifications he did.

Lastly,you have taken exception to my comments about the horse/driver dropping back,having a bludge and sprinting home and not being able to get down and dirty and tough out a win.

Please take note of G Hall Jnr,s comment,"So that is an issue for a horse like Quinny who like to settle early.”

This post is not to belittle a very,very good horse. He has a particular way of racing and he has been placed very professionally to take advantage of this.

Who will win? Buggered if I know but the barrier draw will influence my pick.Even though the “series” has been bastardised I will be there with bells on. May the best horse win.

+ Reply to Thread