Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's with ITMQ?

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    ITMQ is a Champion. Loving the naysayers getting on him. It's an extra point or three coming my way.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    It is going to be a tricky race i think quinny will be hard to beat if he can slot in no worse off than midfield and just sit there. But hes also going to need some luck in the way of an opening down the straight which is a 50/50 chance.

I cant see him winning if hes driven cold and settles at the rear, as the sectionals needed would be unheard of. I cant see a fast tempo being set in my opinion these are all horses that can zip home so although there might be a few moves i think it will be run at a moderate pace not a fast pace so Quinny needs to be in striking distance.

Im more leaning towards TTL cause he has the ability to make a move mid race and position himself within striking distance, where he can unleash his sprint.

But of cause barrier draws will be the real deciding factor, they are crucial to some and irrelevant to others so lets wait and see.

Overall its a top field and lets hope its an exciting race.

Definetly going to miss Lance and Smoke

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelenny View Post
    It is going to be a tricky race i think quinny will be hard to beat if he can slot in no worse off than midfield and just sit there. But hes also going to need some luck in the way of an opening down the straight which is a 50/50 chance.

I cant see him winning if hes driven cold and settles at the rear, as the sectionals needed would be unheard of. I cant see a fast tempo being set in my opinion these are all horses that can zip home so although there might be a few moves i think it will be run at a moderate pace not a fast pace so Quinny needs to be in striking distance.

Im more leaning towards TTL cause he has the ability to make a move mid race and position himself within striking distance, where he can unleash his sprint.

But of cause barrier draws will be the real deciding factor, they are crucial to some and irrelevant to others so lets wait and see.

Overall its a top field and lets hope its an exciting race.

Definetly going to miss Lance and Smoke
    Quite right Lenny.
    In my opinion Quinn's biggest danger is the long wide open spaces of the Menangle straight.
    If he is exposed too early, and Hall has to let him go full throttle at the very top of the straight, then like the Vic Cup, his last 100m, in fact his last 50m, will b like slow motion.
    However if Hall is lucky enough that EVERYTHING goes his way, of course he can win.
    Personally I think there are too many variables at Menangle such as tough opposition that there are more reasons he can't win, than reasons he can win.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I wonder if the new format will actually work against IMQ. He has shown over previous years his ability to backup in a series ie. 2 or 3 heats and final. With this new format its more like a FFA final with fresh opposition. How many of the finalist have had previous series experience.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Quite right Lenny.
    In my opinion Quinn's biggest danger is the long wide open spaces of the Menangle straight.
    If he is exposed too early, and Hall has to let him go full throttle at the very top of the straight, then like the Vic Cup, his last 100m, in fact his last 50m, will b like slow motion.
    However if Hall is lucky enough that EVERYTHING goes his way, of course he can win.(my emphasis)
    Personally I think there are too many variables at Menangle such as tough opposition that there are more reasons he can't win, than reasons he can win.
    My sentiments exactly.The racing style of ITMQ does not allow for variations to his racing pattern.He gets the breaks or he gets beat.These comments are backed up by previous results.Dem's the facts folks.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    ITMQ is a Champion. Loving the naysayers getting on him. It's an extra point or three coming my way.
    Morning Bob,been looking for those extended odds I thought you would be offering on TTL considering you have ITMQ unbeatable and TTL no chance.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Now Whats With Excel Stride? He couldn't get out of his way in the weeks leading up to the Heat in Menangle and on Sat night he was never gonna get beat. I'm putting IMTQ and Excel Stride runs down to the vagaries and glorious uncertainty of racing. However there will be nothing vague about how TTL puts them all to the sword in the final.[/QUOTE]

Stewards Report Menangle 16-2-2013...
    Stewards issued a reprimand against B J McCarthy under the provisions of Rule 89(1) in that she failed to notify Stewards of a condition that may have affected EXCEL STRIDE’S performance following its race in the Australia Day Cup at Menangle on 26 January 2013.

L Justice lightened of $1000 for the same thing..!!

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Stewards questioned driver Matthew White (LOMBO NAVIGATOR) in regards to the tactics he adopted in the early stages of the event when sitting outside the leader IMA ROCKET STAR NZ (Colin Brown). Mr White continued to put pressure on in an attempt to find the lead for the first 600 metres of the event before finally rating this gelding to the outside of IMA ROCKET STAR NZ. The lead time in this event was 64.4 and LOMBO NAVIGATOR gave ground over the concluding stages. Mr White put forward that it was his belief that IMA ROCKET STAR NZ would hand up to LOMBO NAVIGATOR and for that reason he put pressure on that runner in an attempt to find the position on the marker pegs leading the field for the majority of the back straight. After this time Mr White put forward that he felt that LOMBO NAVIGATOR had a tendency to over-race and he was also of the belief that the gelding performed below expectations and may have a veterinary issue. Stewards charged Mr White under the provisions of Rule 149(2) for driving in an unacceptable manner as it was their belief that Mr White applied pressure for too long a period in the early stages of the race when it was clear that the leader of the event IMA ROCKET STAR NZ did not want to relinquish the leading position. Mr White pleaded not guilty to the charge. Stewards suspended Mr White’s reinsperson’s licence for a period of 6 weeks to commence at midnight on Friday 22 nd February 2013 following his upcoming driving engagements.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Rod,please read the following article from today's Sydney Telegraph,my comments in parenthesis.
    “But while he is the prince of Perth, Im Themightyquinn has been less potent in the east, with numerous big-race defeats in Sydney and Melbourne.(this is fact)
    Hall wants to erase that stain from the pocket rocket's record.
    "There are a few people over there, including some of the so-called experts, who bag him and I don't think that is fair," Hall said yesterday.(neither is black duck's wing)
    "So more than anything else I want to go to Sydney and win to shut them up and prove how good this horse really is."(O.K. Easterners,here we come to kick arse.)
    Hall said his greatest concern was the giant Menangle track, which oddly favours frontrunners in major races.(Oops, might be a problem,although the comment has some validity the qualification that it is apparent in major races is the first step in covering the a**e)
    "It is really hard to come from back in the field there because the track is so good the leaders don't stop," he said.(geez,good as we are,it's going to be bloody tough)
    "So that is an issue for a horse like Quinny who like to settle early.(As in,we'll amble out,drop back,have a bludge and sprint over the top of all.)
    "If we are back and a horse like Terror To Love is on the speed, well it makes it incredibly tough."
    (Now,this is the biggest caveat of all and I read it this way.
    We like to drop out,bludge and scream home. That bloody New Zealander is going to do a bit of work,get up close and come home in a 28 and change last quarter and we are going to have to come home in 26 and a bit and all this if we get to drop back and everybody else sits in 2 x 2 and ambles along.)
    Now Rod,we know that as much we would all like to be able to have races run as we would wish,bitter experience tells us that that simply does not happen in big races. There is always somebody prepared to have a go,Lance Justice,Chris Lewis anyone?

Garry Hall Jnr is not showing much confidence in his horse by making the qualifications he did.

Lastly,you have taken exception to my comments about the horse/driver dropping back,having a bludge and sprinting home and not being able to get down and dirty and tough out a win.

Please take note of G Hall Jnr,s comment,"So that is an issue for a horse like Quinny who like to settle early.”

This post is not to belittle a very,very good horse. He has a particular way of racing and he has been placed very professionally to take advantage of this.

Who will win? Buggered if I know but the barrier draw will influence my pick.Even though the “series” has been bastardised I will be there with bells on. May the best horse win.
    G,Day Ron,
    Totally agree with you. ITMQ needs the race to suit his racing style which is pretty much the case with all great sit and sprint horses.
    Very difficult to venture east for a one off raid in a major race with all the best competing and win, unless you get all the breaks in running. I have never proclaimed
    the horse a certainty in any race but I'm sure had he been racing permanently in the east he would have won many a race in same brilliant style as he shows here.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 02-20-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    LOMBO NAVIGATOR (the horse only)should get the wildcard....that was disgraceful

ITMQ = freak...I for one appreciate watching athletes like him perform..
    Last edited by HISGEN65; 02-20-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add

+ Reply to Thread