• < 1 Length

2 11.11%
  • 1-2 Lengths

1 5.56%
  • >2 Lengths

2 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Far Will Im Themightyquinn win by?

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Yea I was there as well,funnily enough I sat with the breeder of ITMQ,great race and on the night I thought great win to SU he was too good,and ITMQ's run was outstanding as well.But besides everything else what can you say.. ITMQ the winner.Was it wrong that SU was DQ'd,I dont know but I guess the rules are the rules.Just to touch on the negative opinions that Quinnie seems to attract,I thought his win in the Auckland Cup that year was outstanding and he won all his heats for the Inters that year as well.As it stands he has won every heat and final of the Inter Dom for the last two years and also his heat this year.I think this year he'll give it a big shake as well.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-26-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Junior Member Weanling gollywog will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Australia's Harness Tips
    Here is the trial video guys.

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=8101#.USxAQeChG70

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by gollywog View Post
    thanks Gollywog!

WOW Christen Me, unextended! held Quinns sprint easily, Quinn was full bore from top of straight. (thats a compliment to Quinns sprint for those of you thinking i am bagging him)

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Yea I was there as well,funnily enough I sat with the breeder of ITMQ,great race and on the night I thought great win to SU he was too good,and ITMQ's run was outstanding as well.But besides everything else what can you say.. ITMQ the winner.Was it wrong that SU was DQ'd,I dont know but I guess the rules are the rules.Just to touch on the negative opinions that Quinnie seems to attract,I thought his win in the Auckland Cup that year was outstanding and he won all his heats for the Inters that year as well.As it stands he has won every heat and final of the Inter Dom for the last two years and also his heat this year.I think this year he'll give it a big shake as well.
    Fair comment.Glad they paid winning div onSU.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by gollywog View Post
    Could you see another horse in the I.D. final sprint as quick as Quinny did up the straight in that trial?. I can't, including TTL.
    So all the Quinnie detractors, haters etc, etc, etc, better hope that the horse gets no luck in running in the final.
    Nothing intended towards you gollywog, just using your trial URL.

Another point, note how fast W.A. horses are, over at Menangle, I'm Victorius 1:52.7, MMM 1:52.2 after 3 wide in the first 300
    and both unextended.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 02-27-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added info

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    [QUOTE=teecee;25929]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Of course he can win.
    If ITMQ does decent work in the race, is under the pump and flat out at the top of the big long Menangle straight and then wins, he'll earn my respect.
    And He'll earn my respect.
    But if he sits quiet does nothing, gets an easy cart up until last 200m and outsprints them, then ....
    He'll earn my respect there too.
    Three consecutive Interdominions and that elusive Australia East Coast Grand Circuit prize....
    He'll deserve everyone's respect and adulation to go with it.

Only thing that should put some (but not all) off is that NZ beside his name...!!!!!
    Too right teecee, many like to overlook that NZ next to Aussie horses, but always remember AUS/NZ.
    If a West Aussie doesn't win then I'll be supporting a Kiwi; which just about means the whole field really.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [QUOTE=Mighty Atom;25964]
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post

Too right teecee, many like to overlook that NZ next to Aussie horses, but always remember AUS/NZ.
    If a West Aussie doesn't win then I'll be supporting a Kiwi; which just about means the whole field really.
    Jeepers Rod,
    You really were involved in that movement in Perth many years ago that wanted to cut the West off from the rest of Australia and become your own nation!
    And being a Freo boy you probably wanted also to be detached from those on the other side of the river!
    You do know his 3 Inter heat wins in Perth last year were really standard issue WA FFA races... they werent even worthy of ID status, the toughest horse he faced in a heat was Raglan!!!

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    [QUOTE=Maorisidol;25965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post

Jeepers Rod,
    You really were involved in that movement in Perth many years ago that wanted to cut the West off from the rest of Australia and become your own nation!
    And being a Freo boy you probably wanted also to be detached from those on the other side of the river!
    You do know his 3 Inter heat wins in Perth last year were really standard issue WA FFA races... they werent even worthy of ID status, the toughest horse he faced in a heat was Raglan!!!
    Hi Ash,
    Did you not read my post about how fast W.A. FFA performers are, could easily out -perform some of those masquerading as G1's, as the placings in the I.D. 2012 confirm.
    As far as the succession debate goes, believe me it hasn't gone away, about 37 - 40 % of sandgropers are still in the affirmative. I think W.A. was the last state to sign up to the federation - I'm a fence sitter myself.
    You are write about the north - south issue with regards to Perth. Many believe they are two different cities.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 02-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Could you see another horse in the I.D. final sprint as quick as Quinny did up the straight in that trial?. I can't, including TTL.
    So all the Quinnie detractors, haters etc, etc, etc, better hope that the horse gets no luck in running in the final.
    Nothing intended towards you gollywog, just using your trial URL.

Another point, note how fast W.A. horses are, over at Menangle, I'm Victorius 1:52.7, MMM 1:52.2 after 3 wide in the first 300
    and both unextended.
    Not just WA ones go quick there. Smoken Up 1.48.5. Looking at list in classicfamiles 1.52.2 makes it the fastest WA horse at Menangle. About 40th overall. But that list only includes classic winners. Dont know where to get complete list but reckon would scrape into top 100. They flying machines them WA horses.

When you break times down doesn't look like much difference between them all eg. 1.52.2 = .0697327 metres per sec. 1.48.5 = .0674331 mps. But then convert to race dist-time and 1.48.5 beats 1.52.2 by 53 metres.
    Yep they flying machines.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Not just WA ones go quick there. Smoken Up 1.48.5. Looking at list in classicfamiles 1.52.2 makes it the fastest WA horse at Menangle. About 40th overall. But that list only includes classic winners. Dont know where to get complete list but reckon would scrape into top 100. They flying machines them WA horses.

When you break times down doesn't look like much difference between them all eg. 1.52.2 = .0697327 metres per sec. 1.48.5 = .0674331 mps. But then convert to race dist-time and 1.48.5 beats 1.52.2 by 53 metres.
    Yep they flying machines.
    Smoken Up - oh for the glory days. Not that many W.A. horses have raced at Menangle and have already established a pretty impressive record and in fast time.

+ Reply to Thread