Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Media Watch: Chris Barsby

aussiebreno

Media Watch: Chris Barsby

I think Buster highlighted an article about For A Reason while last week this gem was produced http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=15427 . Why dont they just race the Chariots at Albion Park this year to save the 8 runners some fuel costs? lol.

Here is the latest pearler http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=15479
    "sensationally overlooked" yeah what a surprise a 4yo who bypassed the lead up races to race in C1/2s didnt get an invite ahead of the established mares who went in the lead races or have good form in open mares company...absolutely ridiculous. Another thing; "QLD pacers have dominated in Sydney in recent weeks." Dominated what? They won a few Tuesday races and the Sapling while Lanercost has won 2 races. The Sydney horses are all shaking with fear at this QLD domination

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Aussiebreno
    Looked that mare up Torque In Motion she has good form but you are correct she is only running against c1/2 horses nothing special at the present time. Now if they thought this mare was something special they should of had her down in Sydney butting heads with the other mare's who are vying for a spot and not sitting at home waiting for the mail.

buster
    millwood meg wasn't invited on last seasons form either - shock horror chris

as much as the media guys need to write more stories to promote horses, just not as hype machines

Junior Member Weanling scottbarnard will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Chris is trying to talk up the Queensland industry and boy does it need it. It has been all downhill since the formation of Racing Queensland. The future of Albion Park is in doubt. The Gold Coast track is to close. The industry is in a parless state. Chris does try to promote the industry and generally does an excellent job. A bit of parochialism does no harm.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Well said scottbarnard ! Agree 100 % with what you have said. How far behind NSW & Victoria do we need to fall before something is done. !

aussiebreno
    Isnt the planned sale of Albion Park so they can build a new track similar to what NSW and Vic have done with Menangle and Melton, while the joint venture with Racing Queenland gave them a cash windfall?
    The closing of the Restricted tracks is more worrying imo. I can understand Gold Coast; its the same faces as Albion Park pretty much competing week in week out.
    I have no problem with the subjects of the article and giving QLDers and the rest of Aust an insight into what horses plans are etc but he doesnt have to sensationalise everything; this is harness racing not some womens magazine.

buster
    correct me here anyone more informed, but they expect 100 mil for AP but are only going to spend 65 mil on the new place.. where does the rest of money go..if its prizemoney then get the bulldozers running

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Buster,

I would also like to know what the plans are for QLD harness racing. If you believe the story in this link it does not sound like harness racing is the winner.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225937378493

How much money from the sale of Harold Park is going to be used on thoroughbred racecourses ?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Love Of Courage

I hope Albion Park is not sold and Harness Racing stays where it belongs but if it has to sold and relocated the proceeds should be kept for building 2 new Harness tracks with greyhound tracks inside of them. At know time should a spectator going to todays tracks should have to look over a filthy Gallop track to watch races. Why should Bob and his merry men be able to spend the proceeds in doing up Gallop tracks, what he is saying to the Harness and Greyhound industry is bend over and take it up the ........ not on Bob. If Bob gets his way they get 100m for A.P and spend around 15-20m on Harness and Greyhounds and the rest goes into the Gallops. My question to Bob would be íf you want to do all these other tracks up you will have to sell Eagle Farm or Doomben i bet that won't go down well. It all so sounds like Bob has broken alot of promises i hope it comes back to bite him hard. Also i heard that there are court proceedings in the future to try and stop this Wanker if anyone knows more about this feel free to keep us posted. All the best to Harness/Greyhound racing up in the sunshine state.

Junior Member Weanling scottbarnard will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    aussiebreno not a cash windfall for harness racing. That's the point. Racing Queensland is throwing a few crumbs to the poor. The amalgamation of the codes perpetrated by Qld State Labour is to the detriment of harness and greyhound racing and represents a takeover by the thoroughbred code. If the plan proceeds this will result in the slow death of harness racing in Queensland. There will be no new track like Menangle or Melton, just a proposal for a joint facility at Deagon not owned by the harness industry which will lose ownership of a valuable resource, Albion Park in exchange for effectively becoming a tenant. Moonee Valley is an example of the failure of this type of arrangement.

+ Reply to Thread