Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Absolutley correct about the 28 days Monique but there certainly needs to be a period if a horse has a change of stables.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-22-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can see the gallops letting off the cobalt accused with little more than a slap on the wrist. Hopes change their plea to guilty at the suggestion of the chair as it will entitle them to a lesser penalty
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Sorry I have taken some time to respond and to be honest a mate of mine said don't do it, but here I go.
    Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting that the feed was intentionally contaminated or otherwise. I genuinely believe that if an accident occurs then the trainer should lose the race and face no further penalty. Although being a cynic I now think that if you wanted to pull a scam in this regard it may not be as difficult as you think to orchestrate this type of skull-duggery. Although I am sure that if there was some massive fixed odds plunge or a big reversal in form then the stewards would be all over this so my comments are very much tongue in cheek.
    However I use this example more to highlight the fact that trainers could and in this case most certainly has presented a horse that had an elevated reading to a prohibited substance due to the administration by a previous trainer. It is quite simple. HRNSW test were conducted with 30 ml of cobalt containing substance that they concede is way above both recommended and reasonable usage. The only other study was in the US that administered one massive injection in cobalt but even the HRNSW shows smaller amounts over a prolonged period of time is more effective and has a cumulative effect. However apparently it is certain in the eyes of HRNSW that 600ml of cobalt containing supplements over 21 days could not produce a elevated reading over a prolonged period of time. The facts are and don't kid yourself other harness racing participants what if you were the one and simply did not have the resources to complete a test like HRNSW. The answer is you would just have to take the hit and serve your 2.5 year penalty.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Whether it was made compulsory or not, based on what I have seen happen over the last 12 months if I bought a horse I would totally understand if my trainer decieded to not race a horse for at least a fortnight if not even longer. Quite frankly even if you get the horse off someone you know it is simply not worth the risk.
    With regards the shooting I am not sure why this is in this thread. With all due respect I doubt that this has anything to do with the ongoing Cobalt cases. There have been plenty of colourful characters in Melbourne racing that are far more likely.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good point Boydy - moved to Thoroughbred Forum
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Racing NSW to challenge Kevin Moses' cobalt reprieve

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...28-gkl8g6.html

I cannot help but feel that there is a large proportion of the gallops world that are not interested in a hardline approach
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    maybe their a bit gun shy.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Cant have the elite racing code being demonised by chemicals .........by all reports and I have said before this will dissappear into the back ground.

I agree with Messenger and his comment "that they are not interested in a hard line approach".

Does any one know what Japanese horses are allowed to be treated with in there country ?

I see different States in the USA allow the bleeder treatment for both gallops and trots.

Very few horses go to Hong Kong who frown upon some chemicals and have a threshold of 100 for cobalt. (also no american Trainers) may have changed.

I wonder if the Moses case will effect HRNSW rulings on the same product following this case. ?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...04-gkqwlu.html

In the end, Gleeson said all the evidence and all studies were in agreement that the only way to exceed Racing Victoria's 200 micrograms per litre [of urine] cobalt threshold was administration of intravenous cobalt on race day or preceding race day.
    The Hopes have denied any such cobalt administration, but claim their supplement regime and their experts' proposed theory of "bio-accumulation" explain the high readings.
    Gleeson countered by saying that when the Hopes' supplement regime was replicated, the cobalt levels rose from only five to 10mcg per litre, nowhere near the 200mcg threshold.
    Gleeson said since testing began in Victoria there had been 1650 race-day samples, with only 21 above 100mcg per litre, and 10 of those were the Hopes' horses.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...04-gkqwlu.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    All horse & Dog trainers who are found guilty of being drug cheats should get a minimum 1 yr ban and a life ban if they exceed the limits by massive doses and are shown to be serial cheats. There are too many excuses by all concerned including forum writers when someone is found to have broken the rules. I agree with Kevin's post- no-one seems interested in taking a hardline approach to this issue. I feel sorry for the honest trainer who busts his/her guts and has to compete against these scumbags

+ Reply to Thread