+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Hi Aussie

Buster point out a couple of things
    Gotta Go Cullen 1:58.3
    Gotta Go Cullen 1:57 & his dam Elect To Live (one of his best points) and marketed well by Alabar
    its simply a case of prices for me, gotta go cullen is just as well bred and was better performed as a race horse

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Buster

Going through both families i'd say Gotta Go Cullen is better bred and done it on the race track, there's know saying how good Gotta Go Cullect could of been as he was lightly raced and then you look at his full sister who looked like being a world beater but didn't go on with it.

nat
    Definitely the price Buster $5000 for Gotta Go Cullen or $6000 American Ideal / Art Official (his dam sire possibly make it harder in NZ for him) makes it hard.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Some of the stallions service records for mare's served in Aus for the 10/11 season that i could find.
    Grinfromeartoear 271
    Sportswriter 221
    Four Starzzz Shark 176
    Art Major 174
    Modern Art 154
    Shadow Play 140
    Dawn ofa New Day 135
    Live or Die 134
    Julius Caeser 126
    Village Jasper 121
    Stonebridge Regal 109
    Jereme's Jet 104
    Armbro Operative 94
    Artistic Fella 78
    Gotta Go Cullect 75
    Tell All 71
    Life Sign 69
    Village Jolt 65
    Real Desire 64
    Badlands Hanover 55
    Lis Mara 53
    Changeover 37
    McArdle 29
    Falcon Seelster 28
    Last edited by mango; 04-27-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Up Date

triplev123
    G'day Mango,

221 for Sportswriter and 176 for Four Starzzz Shark is on the money. In fact most of those make sense to me in one way or another excepting that I hand on heart cannot fathom the numbers posted by Julius Caesar (126) & Stonebridge Regal (109).

Anyone that's looking at either of them in preference to a horse like Artistic Fella (78) needs to get a CT Scan and book themselves in to see a Neurosurgeon

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    What i can gather is both horses you have spoken about are managed by the same interest and deals were offered to get bookings up. I think Don from n.z even mentioned some free service fee's to Stonebridge regal were given away.

Flashing Red
    Can someone tell me how many Flashing Red ended up with? I know he was down on numbers from last season, but just would like to know what he ended up with. He's probably not going to be the next Art Major Bettor's Delight but I am very happy with a yearling we have by him, her heart rate is 30 points lower, per minute, than the normal yearling averages. Fingers crossed that this is a good sign and that she has his heart! She is his spitting image, she was a poddy foal and I just love her to bits!

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Flashing Red

In the season just passed he served 49 mare's in n.z and not sure if and how many in Aus.

buster
    Isn't a heart rate that low in a non trained athlete dangerous?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Isn't a heart rate that low in a non trained athlete dangerous?
    I've never heard that, the heart rate itself is not low (still higher than a fit racing horse), just lower than what many yearlings normally are She's also very clean winded, may have something else to do with it!

+ Reply to Thread