Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Flashing Red

In the season just passed he served 49 mare's in n.z and not sure if and how many in Aus.
    Thanks

aussiebreno
    In humans at least untrained people with slow/low heart rates = bad. They call it bradycardia and you will have lessened blood supply and actually find it harder to exercise.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    In humans at least untrained people with slow/low heart rates = bad. They call it bradycardia and you will have lessened blood supply and actually find it harder to exercise.
    Never heard of that, thanks and I'll keep it in mind! I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the filly... I know a lot of trainers take heart rates as some sort of early guide to ability. She doesn't find it hard to exercise at all, she's a little firecracker!!

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Courage Under Fire,

This little champ reportedly had a very low resting heart rate. They compared him to the New Zealnd middle distance runner John Walker. I guess if the heart is powerful in circulating the blood that it would not to beat as often ?

buster
    yes thats the idea LOC, but the idea is it can be low for reasons other than having a strong heart or being fit...

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Some of the stallions service records for mare's served in Aus for the 10/11 season that i could find.
    Grinfromeartoear 271
    Sportswriter 221
    Four Starzzz Shark 176
    Art Major 174
    Modern Art 154
    Shadow Play 140
    Dawn ofa New Day 135
    Live or Die 134
    Julius Caeser 126
    Village Jasper 121
    Stonebridge Regal 109
    Jereme's Jet 104
    Armbro Operative 94
    Artistic Fella 78
    Gotta Go Cullect 75
    Tell All 71
    Life Sign 69
    Village Jolt 65
    Real Desire 64
    Badlands Hanover 55
    Lis Mara 53
    Changeover 37
    McArdle 29
    Falcon Seelster 28
    Just found some more service results for some of the stallion's that were missing from the list.

buster
    surprised grin served so many, obviously shows what an advantage affordable service fees are

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Buster

Alabar own him which would allow them to deal a bit more compared to say Art Major who you can only get 10% off and in Art Major's defence Alabar stated before the start of the breeding season that he would only be serving 150 plus returns.

nat
    I dont know what to think of the numbers Mango in some way at the top you expect those numbers but when you get just past halfway down I dont know if these are poor numbers or have they done well with poor prices, maketing or timming with the glutten of very good stallions at good prices on the market.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat

It will be interesting to see how many mare's were served compared to the last say 10 yrs this could be why the stallions half way down the list have missed out on the extra numbers. They tell me breeding was down but to what extent i'm not sure and n.z was at it's lowest in 10 yrs they were averaging 4200 a year over 10 yrs and this year they served 3500 mare's.

+ Reply to Thread