Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: STALLION'S 10/11 season n.z

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Just found some more service results for some of the stallion's that were missing from the list.
    the one that surprises me the most from those numbers is Modern Art. Also, im sure Real Desire would get more now based on his 2yos to date

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

I think people were just playing it safe by not going to Real Desire due to that he's by Life Sign. Life Sign's have been under achiever's to say the very least and i own one. And you are correct in saying Real Desire would get more based on his progeny's efforts on the track they seem to be going real good. Yes Modern Art surprised me as well from a seller's point of view they just don't sell good enough.

triplev123
    G'day fellas,

IMO Modern Art is the go-to if you are breeding to race them yourself & especially so if you are trying to get a to that point unsuccessful mare on the board.
    He doesn't seem to need a specific bloodline to produce his winners & they also tend to get going early & realtively easily so a lot of Trainers of very widely varying ability will get them to the races.
    He also has a happy knack of correcting front end conformation/gait issues in a mare's foals, something which is kind of tied in with the aforementioned.
    Often you'll find one of his 2yo starters is the 1st starter the mare has ever produced or if not then then quite often they're her first 2yo starter ever...or interestingly a Trainer's 1st 2yo starter/winner.

As such I think that the 154 (?)...was recorded almost entirely by the breed to race breeders. I say this with some conviction because quite clearly they do not sell well. Rightly or wrongly this time around 24 Modern Art Yearlings sold fr an average of just $10,000 & his highest seller this season was a $20,000 colt from Headline Franco that Joe Cordina purchased here in Sydney. Nationally, the next sellers were 17k, 16k, 15k x 2, 14k, 12k, 11k, 10k, 9k & so on down the line. Commercial Breeders would starve to death with those numbers.

Real Desire is interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of the horse though to his credit his Oz bred 2yos have done exactly what they did in Kentucky by way of them getting up and rolling relatively early.
    It's well worth noting however that they're going no better than Modern Art's initial crop did...and in fact there's a fair case to be made that they're not going anywhere near as good...and look where Modern Art finds himself now. You can keep ol' Real Desire, not for mine matey.

My money's long been on Four Starzzz Shark. He has had both the quality of mares and the numbers to get every chance. His 1st Oz bred commercial crop will make their debut in earnest in January/Feb of 2012 & beyond and I'll be stunned if they do not make a big impact here.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I agree Modern Art's average ($10,000) at the sale's was good but i was talking about breeding to him now and selling in 2yrs time i doubt the average will be near that. Thats my opinion and i'll stick with that.

I don't know enough about Real Desire's progeny racing but i thought people might of stayed away due to him been by Life Sign and that has been mentioned to me a few time's. So far there going good out here and he had a 1st and 2nd at Cambridge tonight.

Four Starzzz Shark should make it as a stallion he was a great racehorse and has done a tremendous job in the states to date with smaller books than some of the fancied one's. He has served 3 good books out here so that will help and as Triple has said he has served some quality mare's as well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i couldnt go to Modern Art. He really has been a very big disappointment for mine. He sires horses that get up and go as early 2yos , but never seem to get any better...

I havent bred to real Desire either this year, but Im surprised by how many 2yo and good ones that he is getting. actually had 2 fillies quinella tonight at Cambridge

buster
    wouldnt touch a MA

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    i couldnt go to Modern Art. He really has been a very big disappointment for mine. He sires horses that get up and go as early 2yos , but never seem to get any better...

I havent bred to real Desire either this year, but Im surprised by how many 2yo and good ones that he is getting. actually had 2 fillies quinella tonight at Cambridge
    Interesting what you say about Modern Art.

I have also heard a few opinions that Real Desires are 2yos; although thats really unproven at this stage and just trainers thoughts.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    wouldnt touch a MA
    He isnt that bad

triplev123
    [QUOTE=mango;5452]I agree Modern Art's average ($10,000) at the sale's was good but i was talking about breeding to him now and selling in 2yrs time i doubt the average will be near that. Thats my opinion and i'll stick with that.]

That's the point I made Mango. $10,000 is already pretty bad and it will not improve. The breed to race crew have him all to themselves.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

Thats the point i was trying to make as to Modern Art, breed to race and not to sell i should of explained myself better.

+ Reply to Thread