Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warragul Pacing Cup Easter Sunday

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Leigh, kids under 18 get in free. Also a free jumping castle and face painter, and an appearance by Koko the Clown who is brilliant.

Plus free Easter eggs of course!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know of at least one Warragul committee man that is disappointed with the lack of entries for the Cup meeting at Warragul on Sunday

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic

Only 6 races (but that should be enough for you if you are within cooeee as it will be a good day)

Maybe a little less opposition from Echuca (a $3,500 meet only?) would encourage more noms for Warragul - maybe I am not being fair on Echuca but HRV has to do something to help resurrect harness racing in the east of the state - Warragul are keen - is HRV?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Must be disappointing there's no trotters cup.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Must be disappointing there's no trotters cup.
    It was pointed out to me that trying to run two T5 races plus a TM1-TM3 in four days was never going to work
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As has been the case in recent years, a tiny field for the Cup on Sunday with a 63 NR pacer making up the numbers in this 90-120 race. I don't know what the answer is but although an Easter Sunday meeting seems like a good idea - maybe not for the Cup

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#WRC09042301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It might have only been a field of five with one other making up the numbers but it turned out to be an exciting race with plenty of early moves. The fav had the best run but was lucky to hold on

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#WRC09042301
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    WARRAGUL CUP

The Warragul club has tried a change to their Cup feature and will run it for horses up to NR55 in 2024.

Heats are scheduled at Cranbourne (April 7 and 16) and Ballarat (April 11).

The $17,500 final should be well sought after, and will provide a feature race opportunity to connections of some horses that didn’t expect it.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...YAZ82T4ZBE0TXM

I understand that Warragul have struggled to get a large field for their cup recently but if it is now a NR55 please rename it out of respect for the good horses that have won it in the past

ps I see that Warragul are letting Echuca have Easter Sunday to themselves this year and the Warragul Cup will be on April 21
    Last edited by Messenger; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:49 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread