Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Indeed Kevin, indeed.

The show races were a major marketing tool for harness racing, they were a real attraction to people from all walks of life and an appetiser for many an aspiring participant, an ideal grounding for green horses ( and some green drivers) and they were a lot of bloody good fun too!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After Lance's criticism of the 'powers to be' failure to promote the sport - he might like to point them to The Age today.
    As we all know the sports news starts with the biggest stories on the back page, well today the gallopers get half the second back page about a race that is still about 3 weeks away (and its not the Melbourne Cup)
    Gosh we need some movers and shakers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Flicked through The Sun when picking up a coffee and noticed they had pages of gallops feature stories. I know it is Spring Carnival time but there is a bit of a shortage of sport stories at this time of year and WE just have to get in on the act!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Kev and they can start with Harness Racing Weekly/National Trotguide, I know that I've whinged about this before but last weeks edition hit an all time low, Less than 5 minutes reading and it was done. For christ's sake, Get some bloody feature story's going.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Warning : Kevin the nitpicker now

No wonder we cannot get any media coverage if this is an example of our HRV media

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=24577

The second sentence states

With first-class racing on the track, punters will be well catered for with full TAB facilities.

Who could have imagined that Tabcorp Park would have full TAB facilities!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Today, The Age has 12½ pages of form guide in for the gallops (mostly colour and mostly for tomorrow) and a page with 3 feature stories.
    I know newspapers are dieing but sheez I am envious
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Do they still print the age Kevin. You sure it not an old copy

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    An integral part of breakfast everyday Greg and a little tip for you - I reckon Sunline might be a good thing in the Turnbull
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Yer not bad Kevin , but you are correct it all right having social media but you still need something to direct them there. I have know doubt if hrv bought a page of the sun every week for good positive stories and the odd bad one,more people would be more informed. I've been in a million smoke rooms over the journey I'll assure you the back half of the daily gets read before the front half.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have to make the evening betting period OURS. There is a bigger market after work hours than during the day. At least for Tuesday to Saturday we should have a night meeting ever day for Vic and NSW.

Thursday night dogs is the equal of Saturday gallops for the betting agencies. The gallops are waking up - next year there will be a night meeting every week in Vic and who knows how many eventually

Harness looks great under lights but let's get some better camera work - split screen (better cameras?) Only recently having I got Sky again on the TV, I had forgotten that it is really only computer-small screen quality as you can not even make out the numbers most of the time

Then we will have to make sure these Friday and Saturday night meetings have the facilities to make it a entertainment/dining package for those on-course

These meetings will have to be promoted big time in the media

Harness has to make things happen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread