Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Wow, markets up early not only for the Sunshine Sprint but also for the Melton finals this weekend. Well done Tatts!

Quinny now $3, wow get on. Can't see Chilli starting those odds, should drift. I was just making a comment I think finally things go his way (like they did in the Guaranteed race) and I reckon he can make a significant turn around on the result last week and run past Avonnova - who will be having his hardest run to date.
    I took $2.75 then $2.80 for $175 total so not exactly breaking the bank. I've just attempted to stick a further $175 on @ $3 and received a error message. Deleted the bet, refreshed the page, still $3. Logged out, went back in after a minute and Quinny is now $2.50. I see this all the time with the Corporates, occasionally with the TAB's. So with the $175 I like one at a bit of odds in the Winter Cup @ GP on Friday night @ $31 and $6. I attempted to put $25W and $150P, error message. Log out, go back in and it's shortened 10 points. I withdrew what I had in the account and I'll be emailing Harness Racing QLD tomorrow.

Every State authority has to come together on this and go after them, the Corporates and the TAB. Every dollar these guys turn away from Harness Racing punters is cents in the dollar that should be going back to the industry and isn't. I can't get $350 on at an average of $2.85 in a G1 feature. It's a joke.

Peter V'Landys has got the ball rolling for Racing NSW and HRA should be right with him.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The trouble that Harness Racing has unlike the Thoroughbreds is that Harness Racing has sold their souls to Tabcorp (& Tatts) for peanuts and I doubt they've the backbone to fight.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have a budding family connection to the sportsbetting industry and a participant told me at the time of the changes to % turnover or whatever it was a couple of months back that they would be looking to ramp up their market share of betting on other sports and that racing would suffer.
    With the variety of choices on offer and Australia's blind love of a punt, I imagine they could do this

I wonder whether we have created a monster that can just as easily harm us as it can help us?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    The trouble that Harness Racing has unlike the Thoroughbreds is that Harness Racing has sold their souls to Tabcorp (& Tatts) for peanuts and I doubt they've the backbone to fight.
    We are waiting with baited breath here in WA as the State Government has looked into the sale of its utilities to try and get out of the shit...and of course our Government owned TAB is in its sights.At the moment our TAB pays back into the local industry the highest percentage of all the States and any sale will be fraught with danger in most peoples opinions.Reading your last few posts Harold you are dead right!! its a joke that they wont take a good bet or ban punters from being too successful.Yep lets jump on the bandwagon!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Albion Park tonight

Chilli Palmer has his knockers but his scratching is a loss
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Disappointing Kev, I think he could have played a part in the race with his big finish but it still should be a cracking affair.

aussiebreno
    Go quinny!!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Well done to Quinny! Couldn't have asked for a better trip! Why would Coburn not just sit on Quinny's back has me scratching my head.. He handed the race to Quinny. Very bad move IMO!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Well done to Quinny! Couldn't have asked for a better trip! Why would Coburn not just sit on Quinny's back has me scratching my head.. He handed the race to Quinny. Very bad move IMO!
    So true i reckon Smoken.
    What other driver would be sitting one/one with Quinn "exposed" in the death, and then you choose to go around him and swap places giving probably Australias fastest sit sprinter the sit on your back, allowing him to then just go "ping" in the last 200?????????????????????????????????????
    All credit to the winner, but he was given the winners cheque after Avonnova went around him.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I'm still a scratching my head as to who in there right mind would do what Coburn did.. If he allowed Quinny to breeze, it would have been game over for Quinny! Stupid move, Quinny was handed the race on a silver platter!

+ Reply to Thread