Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: He's baaaack!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    If Quinny was stuck in the breeze, his sprint would have fizzled out. GHJ must have been giggling when Cockburn went to the death. 3 hrs later I'm still scratching my head wondering did he really think he would beat Quinny giving him the 1/1.. He must have thought Avonnova was Trigger in his prime.. Well done to Quinny for making the most of his opportunities.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Agree with the above sentiments and I'm also equally amazed Cockburn gave the death up in the first place. Going into the race I was concerned about what would eventuate if SSL went forward.....would someone relent?? Gifting Quinny a) the death early, then b) giving him cover......well I spose it could have been a Xmas in July gift......u even wrapped it for him Bart!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    If Quinny was stuck in the breeze, his sprint would have fizzled out. GHJ must have been giggling when Cockburn went to the death. 3 hrs later I'm still scratching my head wondering did he really think he would beat Quinny giving him the 1/1.. He must have thought Avonnova was Trigger in his prime.. Well done to Quinny for proving too good.
    Edited for accuracy Smoken.
    It was a top run for anyone to run down Mach who also smashed the Track Record
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Jack or somebody in the WOW thread said that he was certain to

edit It was Bob
    He did say he'd go forward but no way he would have had Avonnova handing over the death.......no way.
    Just posted it on another thread so sorry to be a bore......B Cockburn handing up the chair.....WTF!!!!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I agree, Quinny was to good on the night, only more so because he could not have wished for a more perfect trip. Yep, Cockburn must have been feeling very generous in giving Quinny that dream run, or as I said before, he actually truly believed he can beat Quinny while had the 1/1 and himself racing outside Mach Beauty. I wonder what he would do when they meet again..

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    I wonder what he would do when they meet again..
    Bake him a cake to go with the present!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think the question may be - would Mach have beaten ITMQ if Avonnova had not gone to the death, looking at how easily Quin dispensed with Avon. (Maybe I am being harsh)
    Quin was so impressive I think he wins anyway and as for Cockburn's thinking - maybe he thought Quin was going to hand up to somebody and he did not want to be that far from Mach and if that is what he believed was going to happen maybe he thought if Quinny and I both have sits I am not going to make ground on him.

Who knows - it was a great race where a Track record was SMASHED
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Kev, for starts, it was damn obvious Bart wasn't thinking. IMO which counts for diddly squat, i can't see how Mach Beauty doesn't win if Quinny isn't 1-1. Gotta love what ifs!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is great how a little $60k race (less than a regular metro gallops race) can get us all excited and conversing so. I hope to hear from someone at Albion and someone at Melton tonight (COLD!) to let us know how sport is going 'on track'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Novo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Keith Jones
    I can't knock Cockburns decision to go to the death.. Surely Stuey gets put into the race if he doesn't and Team Tritton controls it.. Avonnova can't sit 1x2 and win, even if he is on the great ITMQs back, doesnt have the speed to run past him.. has to be on the pace IMO

+ Reply to Thread