Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is more important - the Trainer or the Driver?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Who is more important - the Trainer or the Driver?

All of us use HRA's horse search or maybe we just click on a horse on the latest results page to bring up its details and then we will quite often click on the Horses Racing Performance tab - this is where I have a problem.

One of the columns in the Table is for Driver but there is none for Trainer. If you click on one of the races in the race code column there is still NO Trainer details on the results page even for the winner.

I am slightly more interested in knowing who the Trainer was for each of the horse's starts than who the Driver was, although I think we should have both

What do you think?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Kev, some of us went thru this a few months back. The majority were on a similar wave length to yourself.....it took us some time to get Brendan on side though (dunno how to smiley face sorry Brendo).......I recall something about being spoon-fed!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think I started that one too Brent but that was about whether we should have a change of trainer highlighted.
    This is about the HRA records and if enough people agree with me, I will put it to them. Cheers mate

ps But you are right - we did get into the fact that you could not even find out from the records
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-03-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Kev, some of us went thru this a few months back. The majority were on a similar wave length to yourself.....it took us some time to get Brendan on side though (dunno how to smiley face sorry Brendo).......I recall something about being spoon-fed!!
    That was for an official change of trainer notification similar to gear change notification, a seperate thing.
    They already list trainer name in the form guide and results, should be easy for them to include in the HRA performance page.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    please excuse my ignorance

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    please excuse my ignorance
    No dramas mate its a rarity I admit to being wrong so remembered it well!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the fields for NZ tomorrow I noticed at the bottom of each field they sometimes have 3 notices eg. Race 2

Notifiable Gear Changes: Charming Lavra: FD-Off, RD-On, Saffron Castleton: P-Off, FD-Off, Yagunnakissmeornot: BL-On Legend

Horse Movements: Barry to Ray Green at Pukekohe

Assessment Drop Backs: Barry C2 to C1

I especially like the Horse Movements. This has probably been happening for years but once again I think NZ leads the way
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ms=nsw#HHM5593

What is wrong with this data? Noting I've pointed it out on more than one occasion to the HRA?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What am I looking for there Stu?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Chris Alford did not drive the Diamond, he was listed to but as Harold Parker would know, balmy Spring evenings in Sydney usually mean storms and the puppet's plane was diverted / delayed and he arrived on track as DR Hancock finished her preliminary, despite a very average drive by Darren, she was way too good for that field and pocketed her second consecutive Ladyship Mile. The error has remained for over 20 years, I've tried on two occasions to have it corrected. So when Chris goes through his next ,000 wins it will be no. 1 that is the horse that should be remembered - because he didn't drive that one. Just like John Justice didn't drive two in the same race at Melton a few Friday's ago as the results would lead you to believe.

+ Reply to Thread