Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sam's Replacement. (Musical chairs)

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    I found this article interesting - from 1957 mind you. It seems we are carrying on a tradition of sorts!
    Attached Images

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I first started going to the trots when I'd nearly finished the HSC in 92. I didn't have an interest in the racing nor punting. A mates Old Man went to Harold Park every Friday night from the Hills District. For his son, myself and another two mates it was a quiet start to a big night in the City. We used to put $15 each in and have a box Trifecta in every race, have a cheap bite to eat, a few drinks and straight into the Rocks after the last.

At the end of 97 following Uni, I picked up a great job in the City and I was mortgaged up for a 3 bed terrace a couple of hundred metres from Harold Park. My two housemates, were the two mates, like me, who started going to Harold Park to sponge a lift into the City.

All three of us remain Harness Racing tragics. They've owned numerous horses. I live between here and the States (work). I don't own horses here but I'm in an ownership group over there.

My point is, three Blokes and now their family are "into" Harness Racing on the back of, where we were headed after the last. After the night out, no matter how inebriated, you could get home safely either by Train or Taxi.

When Harold Park and Moonee Valley were replaced by Menangle and Melton i.e from the City to the Sticks, they lost possible would be tragics like myself from the East, North and North West of Sydney ($$$).

Anyway that's done, they're not getting that back and I've got a lot to say about what they need to do (IMO) to sure up the future of the industry.

100+ Million from Santa is a once off. It begins and ends with maximum return of gambling revenue from the TAB and the corporates.

Racing NSW have fired the first salvo and Harness Racing has to come together and get on board.

I have a pretty good understanding of this because I've witnessed the pressure that Harness Racing is about to face in regards to a revenue shortfall from my years of going to Yonkers and across the turnpike in New Jersey.

TBC
    Last edited by HaroldParker; 08-04-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am 20 years older than Bob
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    It's a never ending mates club in all states. You only have to look at the never ending stewards and other administrotors that come and go. Pay peanuts and get monkeys.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Old news TC - haven't you been reading the original musical chairs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread