Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
Couldn't agree more Richard ,sold one to marks clients this year ,fully professional and you keep updated on his website how is going. Mr brosnan in all fairness ,it know different to any other industry there always someone to take your spot,you have always have to get new clients to survive and if you wind down a bit the new bigger stables look better and end up with most of the horses that just a fact of life. Like Jamie said don't blame the industry that fed you for 40 years. The money in 2 or 3 yld racing is enormous now. I know there is a lot of c1 that can't win a race or earn much money but it no different in the dogs or the gallops. Since the country money has gone up in Vic I think the industry is a little more positive . I had more phone calls in the last 2 months enquiring about horses for lease or sale. I recently syndicated a Cullen yearling and I could have sold it six times. I don't think our foal crop will drop much further ,but the quality of horse is improving rapidly. If someone can explain to me Rock n roll first crop ,almost half have already run or qualified this early in there season (103) there mares are better than ours,and it will change her ,we've all been guilty of breading with mares we shouldn't have been.
E
I will pass all your knowledgeable suggestions on to Richard. After all he only has $4,000,000 + as a trainer on his card. Never did win the trainers premiership in New Zealand but did finish second and third the odd time and did train a few champions like Bonnies Chance and No Response. Knowing Richard I am sure he will give your advice all the consideration it deserves.