Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Pat and Paul, the only thing with that trial win Paul is the time - sure it is a trial but unlike Trial 6 it is not within cooee of what she ran yesterday and Melton is a faster track but maybe she had plenty in reserve, incredible what a few weeks rest did for her

Do stewards consider trial wins when considering QIP's - if they did, then all trial results would have to go in the form guide to keep the public in the loop
    Nothing like a trial win to boost a horse's confidence, might be just me but I wouldn't consider a 2.00 min trial and 57 last half as "a few weeks rest".

The galloping stewards read through the trial form before each race and then after a longish shot wins? Or is it just they don't QIP as much?

As for all trial results going in the form guide, that's lazy. I take note of what you say Kev in #140 but I'm a bit in Brenno's court.
    If you notice a horse hasn't raced for a bit don't most people look to the trial results? Especially the videos. If you can decipher a form guide you can click on a video replay.
    What about private trials or even quiet trial runs?

Do the gallopers publish jump outs Kev? Certainly not private jump outs. They still don't need a public trial before they have a start(?). And not sure of the greyhounds and their unexplained improvements.

Rather than toil through an extensive form guide we could just have a waiver embossed across the meeting saying CHECK THE TRIALS

As for the red hots image, sometimes I think extensive QIP's and QDT's add to that image rather than help eradicate it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    'Nothing like a trial win to boost a horse's confidence, might be just me but I wouldn't consider a 2.00 min trial and 57 last half as "a few weeks rest".'

The few weeks rest I was referring to Wayne, was between May 20 and July 13 - her 3rd last and 2nd last starts. A nice little freshen up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thanks Pat and Paul, the only thing with that trial win Paul is the time - sure it is a trial but unlike Trial 6 it is not within cooee of what she ran yesterday and Melton is a faster track but maybe she had plenty in reserve, incredible what a few weeks rest did for her

Do stewards consider trial wins when considering QIP's - if they did, then all trial results would have to go in the form guide to keep the public in the loop
    Yes but they aren't going flat out at the trials. Usually walk and run. Times??? ... mmmmm times are for clocks. Trials are good to watch because you can sometimes see a horse improve. Might not mean it wins trial and goes 1.52 but if you watch you can see the ones that improve. I know a horse that can reel off 29 quarters like 'clockwork'. That's a 1.56 mile rate. Win you plenty? Nope...unless it gets chance to do that in a race which isn't going to happen very often. Then you get comments "It went 1.56 at trails but couldn't win when they went 1.59". No...coz they went 31 31 29 28 and horse was back in field and can't go any quicker than 29. And then people jump up and down when it does get the chance to do that and wins.

It's all there for punters if they want to look. Got form guide, trial results, videos, times in formguide, etc. Just need to look. On top of that they get 'Change of tactics'. It's all there and it's all free (for trots anyway). More info than ever before and still people complain. Keep public in loop?? Me thinks public is lazy..

QIP ??? For a 2yo still learning? That horse was impressive the other day, not by the time it went overall but by the way it went and the way it beat the rest.... and it came out and won accordingly.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Yes but they aren't going flat out at the trials. Usually walk and run. Times??? ... mmmmm times are for clocks. Trials are good to watch because you can sometimes see a horse improve. Might not mean it wins trial and goes 1.52 but if you watch you can see the ones that improve. I know a horse that can reel off 29 quarters like 'clockwork'. That's a 1.56 mile rate. Win you plenty? Nope...unless it gets chance to do that in a race which isn't going to happen very often. Then you get comments "It went 1.56 at trails but couldn't win when they went 1.59". No...coz they went 31 31 29 28 and horse was back in field and can't go any quicker than 29. And then people jump up and down when it does get the chance to do that and wins.

It's all there for punters if they want to look. Got form guide, trial results, videos, times in formguide, etc. Just need to look. On top of that they get 'Change of tactics'. It's all there and it's all free (for trots anyway). More info than ever before and still people complain. Keep public in loop?? Me thinks public is lazy..

QIP ??? For a 2yo still learning? That horse was impressive the other day, not by the time it went overall but by the way it went and the way it beat the rest.... and it came out and won accordingly.
    I understand trials Paul and I did say "sure it is a trial but unlike Trial 6 it is not within cooee of what she ran yesterday and Melton is a faster track but maybe she had plenty in reserve"

As far as the public getting lazy, I really think it comes down to how passionate/dedicated you want to be - I could be a good punter again but I have not got the passion to put in the time it requires
    As much as anything I cannot get to many meets and Sky 1 does nothing for me. More chance that I could get serious about the gallops as watching 528 and 529 are easy to watch (Sort of sad for a harness fan to be saying that)

I more or less agree about no QIP for a 2yo still learning (see post 132).
    I suppose she has only improved < 3secs on her previous best MR albeit on a slower track
    It was a win full of merit as she set up the fast time for everyone and was entitled to get run over
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    R SANDERS

A/ CHIEF STEWARD in Qld. Prob a bit late but I didn't know.
    Rumour going around that he no longer wants the job. Only a rumour and we wait and see

Is 'Racing Queensland' really where we are supposed to get QLD harness news? (It is where HRA takes you when you click on QLD under States)
    The first story they have under What Is Happening Now is the Latest Ranking for Qbred Triad finals - the finals were run weeks ago
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-04-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Rumour going around that he no longer wants the job. Only a rumour and we wait and see
    His appointment was for one month starting July 15 as Acting Chief Steward.

May only be a coincidence but the applications for Vic General Manager Integrity closed 25 July.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We had another massive 2yo turnaround yesterday without any QIP
    No doubt he trialled well and of course he has had a change of stable
    but in less than a month Amanda Turnbull has turned You Ninety Two from

Maryborough July 6, 5th beaten 11m at $158
    Kilmore July 13, 9th beaten 47m at odds of $76 to

Charlton Aug 7, wins by 23m at odds of $1.40

That is the trots for you
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    We had another massive 2yo turnaround yesterday without any QIP
    No doubt he trialled well and of course he has had a change of stable
    but in less than a month Amanda Turnbull has turned You Ninety Two from

Maryborough July 6, 5th beaten 11m at $158
    Kilmore July 13, 9th beaten 47m at odds of $76 to

Charlton Aug 7, wins by 23m at odds of $1.40

That is the trots for you
    Casting aspersions Kev.

Not that l listened in or looked at, but I doubt the form analysts/tipsters on the radio or in other media would have missed this guy. As you say, a terrific public trial 27th July. Not a private jump out Weiry might have had way down at Warrnambool.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Casting aspersions Kev.

Not that l listened in or looked at, but I doubt the form analysts/tipsters on the radio or in other media would have missed this guy. As you say, a terrific public trial 27th July. Not a private jump out Weiry might have had way down at Warrnambool.
    If only they did a bold heading at the top of the form guide stating the change in feed, the times in trackwork, the red blood cell count, the resting heart rate and how many hours sleep the horse got the night before hand and its hydration/electrolyte levels I would have backed the winner.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    If only they did a bold heading at the top of the form guide stating the change in feed, the times in trackwork, the red blood cell count, the resting heart rate and how many hours sleep the horse got the night before hand and its hydration/electrolyte levels I would have backed the winner.
    Brenoooo we all know you're the reason for the $1.40

Closed Thread