Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: was i dreaming it or what

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

was i dreaming it or what

i am certain that i read it some where just recently that hrnsw was introducing the practice of assigning an official of their stewards to accompany any given horse by any given trainer to a race meeting on that day from early morning until the completion of the race that the horse was running in.....by the horses side at all times......i thought that i read it in the HARNESS RACING WEEKLY but i have not been able to find it again.....i am sure that i was not dreaming,then again,maybe i was.....did anyone else see the same article?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    i am certain that i read it some where just recently that hrnsw was introducing the practice of assigning an official of their stewards to accompany any given horse by any given trainer to a race meeting on that day from early morning until the completion of the race that the horse was running in.....by the horses side at all times......i thought that i read it in the HARNESS RACING WEEKLY but i have not been able to find it again.....i am sure that i was not dreaming,then again,maybe i was.....did anyone else see the same article?
    Hi Allan,
    If this is the case it's just another example of control being taken away from the trainer and his/her horses. Instead of handing out the correct penalty when a racing infringement occurs the harness racing bodies will continue to look for avenues where they can superimpose themselves on the trainers before the perceived malpractice eventuates.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Allan,
    If this is the case it's just another example of control being taken away from the trainer and his/her horses. Instead of handing out the correct penalty when a racing infringement occurs the harness racing bodies will continue to look for avenues where they can superimpose themselves on the trainers before the perceived malpractice eventuates.
    Or Rod maybe it could be semi admission that we cannot keep up with the chemists so we are thinking outside the box
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Been doing that for a while now. One example below. But there have been quite a few others. It's always noted in the stewards report when it happens.

From the stewards report Albury 02/08/14:

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=AL020814
    "Race day integrity operations commenced at Trainer K Hillier’s stables this morning at 8.30am for horses that were engaged at tonight’s meeting."

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Race day checks are 90's practices,stuff being used know is given a week or more before races

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by djgood View Post
    Race day checks are 90's practices,stuff being used know is given a week or more before races
    You had better get on some of the other threads and explain Race 5 at Newcastle last night David because there seem to be a lot of people thinking differently
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    allan gee
    great work kevin...hmmm i wonder if the stuff that i know about could be involved here...and hrnsw know about also...interesting.

p.s.this post wont go far...

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 10-05-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added

Real Name
    allan gee
    thanks for finding that article toni,i knew i was`t dreaming....

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hmmm, This might have put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

+ Reply to Thread