Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feature Harness Racing Movie

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto

Feature Harness Racing Movie

Hello all

Have been waiting for this movie for some time now, finally what appears to be a fairly decent harness racing movie produced by Emilio Estevez. Enjoy the official trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AxbEv7i-8

Regards

Mark

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Very interesting Mark.
    The trailer doesn't give much away does it. A google search also fails to uncover much at all. Did come across this....

Johnny Longshot Trailer Released
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 - by Jay Wolf
    Delaware, OH --- A trailer for the movie Johnny Longshot was recently released including footage from the 2013 Delaware County Fair meet and the Little Brown Jug.
    The full-length harness racing movie will star Emilio Estevez who will be playing the lead character, John West, who, after a career as a Thoroughbred jockey, turns his sights to Standardbred racing.
    Estevez, 50, has a long list of film credits including the Mighty Ducks, The Breakfast Club and Young Guns. Estevez is a lifelong fan of horse racing thanks in part to his father, actor Martin Sheen.
    "I've been a racing fan my whole life. My dad used to take me to the track when I was a kid, and then I became a fan on my own."
    The film is expected to be released in 2014.

Looks as though it's a fictional story as I can't find zip on John West the harness driver. It's now over 12 months since the trailer was released so one must wonder if it will ever see the light of day.....fingers crossed hey.

+ Reply to Thread