Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gloucester Park.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Gloucester Park.

I was at Gloucester Park last Friday night. There was a restricted 50K feature but it was, in essence, a run of the mill night of racing.

I've seen vastly less people at feature race nights in NSW, QLD and VIC where it's free entry. Entry into Gloucester Park is $12.

The dining areas were packed, the members looked busy and there were a lot of families. There was also a lot of younger people there in groups kicking off a night out. Which is how I got into Harness Racing.

The track is immaculate. It's incredibly clean, there's atmosphere and of course the racing is second to none. I took a couple of clients with me (locals) on Friday night who hadn't been before and they'll be back for sure.

If you want to remember how great a night at the Trots can be, put Gloucester Park on your Harness Racing bucket list.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Pity you missed the Pacing Cup the week before Bob..I hadn't been there for some time but rallied a few mates and we got a German backpacker(sheila)to drive us there and home(440km round trip).Fantastic atmosphere on the night,big crowd..The Cup was a great race that had everything bar a few Eastern staters..Massive fireworks to top the night off.Great night..even the backpacker wants to go back!!!Its gunna be a great Interdom series later in the year and hopefully plenty of visitors from the Eastern Seaboard and NZ can get here for the event/holiday.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I was at Gloucester Park last Friday night. There was a restricted 50K feature but it was, in essence, a run of the mill night of racing.

I've seen vastly less people at feature race nights in NSW, QLD and VIC where it's free entry. Entry into Gloucester Park is $12.

The dining areas were packed, the members looked busy and there were a lot of families. There was also a lot of younger people there in groups kicking off a night out. Which is how I got into Harness Racing.

The track is immaculate. It's incredibly clean, there's atmosphere and of course the racing is second to none. I took a couple of clients with me (locals) on Friday night who hadn't been before and they'll be back for sure.

If you want to remember how great a night at the Trots can be, put Gloucester Park on your Harness Racing bucket list.
    You old buggers might have to google these guys (and I apologise for introducing anyone to them) but popular with young girls is a show called Geordie Shore. I had the displeasure of watching a few episodes over the weekend but there was a highlight when they visited Menangle for the trots.
    Given two thing a) they were filming at the track and showed vision of the trots and b) when Geordie Shore came to a Wagga pub there was advertising for weeks on end I am assuming NSWHRC knew about Geordie Shores upcoming attendance. If they did not I apologise and ignore this criticism. But I don't recall any advertising at the time (this was early 2013 when Geordie Shore went to the track) and a quick google search provides nothing on the matter. Geordie Shore is an absolute advertising gold mine for the 18-30yo females...which in turn gets male as well. Yet nothing! Why?????

I went to Sheparton Saturday night and even though that track is a bit out of town as well (ok nothing like Menangle but still) there was still a lot of young people there who didn't really seem to be taking too much interest in the trots - just kicking off a big night. Good crowd there as well.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hey Breno, Great idea. Check out The 3 Stooges meet Jersey Shore if you want a laugh.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You old buggers might have to google these guys (and I apologise for introducing anyone to them) but popular with young girls is a show called Geordie Shore. I had the displeasure of watching a few episodes over the weekend but there was a highlight when they visited Menangle for the trots.
    Given two thing a) they were filming at the track and showed vision of the trots and b) when Geordie Shore came to a Wagga pub there was advertising for weeks on end I am assuming NSWHRC knew about Geordie Shores upcoming attendance. If they did not I apologise and ignore this criticism. But I don't recall any advertising at the time (this was early 2013 when Geordie Shore went to the track) and a quick google search provides nothing on the matter. Geordie Shore is an absolute advertising gold mine for the 18-30yo females...which in turn gets male as well. Yet nothing! Why?????

I went to Sheparton Saturday night and even though that track is a bit out of town as well (ok nothing like Menangle but still) there was still a lot of young people there who didn't really seem to be taking too much interest in the trots - just kicking off a big night. Good crowd there as well.
    I can only conclude that by not canning the show halfway through that first episode, and to continue on watching, u were either being held against your will & being punished or u were intent on pleasing a young lass. The only other possibility is that u lost a heinous bet??

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    There are several reasons GP can pull a crowd, the main one being location. You can knock off work at 5pm, leave the office and take a leisurely stroll down to East Perth and easily be trackside by the time the first race starts. The bus I took home from school would go past the track and I often stepped off to watch a couple before making the rest of the trek home. Menangle and Melton are pretty much provincial tracks. You have to plan in advance if you live in the city and you want to go to either. With GP's location you can go on a whim.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Spot on Glen - those responsible for us having no metro presence in Melbourne or Sydney should go down in history as idiots
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread