Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlines

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Five arrests - A 29-year-old Merbein man, a Birdwoodton man, 57, a Bolinda man, 54, an Irymple man, 52, and a Mildura man, 34, were arrested and will be interviewed.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by BenScadden View Post
    I think the reference was to the article's description of Sushi Sushi as one of the greatest harness horses of all time ... not the alleged criminal links
    You got it right Ben. I thought it was clear as day what I was getting at. He is sorely and surely missed by his fans.
    The 'minor and insignificant details you mentioned, play a huge role in people's perception of the over all story and to the readers conclusion/s of the story. They can at least get it right from the start! SS shouldn't even have been mentioned in the story. My comments can be moved to the appropriate section if required.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    You got it right Ben. I thought it was clear as day what I was getting at. He is sorely and surely missed by his fans.
    The 'minor and insignificant details you mentioned, play a huge role in people's perception of the over all story and to the readers conclusion/s of the story. They can at least get it right from the start! SS shouldn't even have been mentioned in the story. My comments can be moved to the appropriate section if required.

Don't see the relevance either. The Age (Fairfax) have been using that same line in every story they write about harness racing for 6 years now!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I take some solace in the fact that it would seem to be all Mildura based - half of Melbourne could not tell you what state Mildura is in
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I take some solace in the fact that it would seem to be all Mildura based - half of Melbourne could not tell you what state Mildura is in

Bolinda certainly isn't Kev. Just near Romsey. The age doesn't quite fit so we'll have to wait and see if and when the names are actually released.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I've been told the names of three arrested ... two very, very predictable (and everyone could guess them) - but a touch surprised by the third. Obviously can't publish on here for legal reasons

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Don't see the relevance either. The Age (Fairfax) have been using that same line in every story they write about harness racing for 6 years now!
    Baker & McKenzie, together with Andrew Rule are the best investigative journalists in the state. While SS has been overplayed, these guys have been consistent with the links between Harness Racing and organised crime for many years. This story is big enough, but I'm lead to believe it might end up being a lot bigger - tip of the iceberg stuff.

The problem with all of the cases running at the minute is that they will linger and the negative press could further maim a sport in serious trouble.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by BenScadden View Post
    I've been told the names of three arrested ... two very, very predictable (and everyone could guess them) - but a touch surprised by the third. Obviously can't publish on here for legal reasons
    Isn't The Age more or less naming a couple

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...01-133ioe.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    That they do ... be interesting to see if they name the other three (as I said, I've heard one name but don't know the last couple)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A more detailed report has just been put on The Age website at 6.35pm
    This report clearly states Greg and Shayne Cramp were arrested

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...02-1345ux.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread