Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Natalie Rasmussen day...

Hybrid View

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Kev, after the heats were run it was clear who had the fastest straight line speed. Nat did zero to combat this when Gav moved to the chair 1400m from home. imo

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Kev, after the heats were run it was clear who had the fastest straight line speed. Nat did zero to combat this when Gav moved to the chair 1400m from home. imo
    a bit like i said at the start, if someone told you before the race she was going to lead and run the last 400 in 25.8, you would think theres no chance of being beaten, in hindsight yes, but pre race, if you knew that was gonna happen, how much would you put on at the 400?

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    a bit like i said at the start, if someone told you before the race she was going to lead and run the last 400 in 25.8, you would think theres no chance of being beaten, in hindsight yes, but pre race, if you knew that was gonna happen, how much would you put on at the 400?
    I get your drift mate & I'm just rehashing the ^ but in doing the form IFR was clearly the faster horse so surely it's best to burn all the way around the final turn so that the faster horse also then needs to be the stronger horse. Perhaps the result might not have changed as IFR looks a real nice type, but I do agree with Bob in that Gav clearly out pointed Nat in that one.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I am not sure what more you want Brent, you have your sprinter/main opposition in the Death and you run your last half in 53.9 and your last quarter in 25.8
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread