Messenger,

The two babies, Heavens & Waikiki both did things we all thought was just incredible to witness. Having said that some of the runs put in by some of the beaten brigade, finishing off both of the Races all looks super for them moving on in there carriers.

As for your views on, once the Field sorts out & settled down, I agree in longer races it does tend to become somewhat less of an event to watch. Generally in most cases I find Mile Racing is on from the Get Go and you have several moves within a race. But that is how I view our Sport others may hold a somewhat different view. But for this Breeders Challenge day to me it is a no brainer! It must / should be all over a Mile. You know in NSW / Aussie, we do not have a single Group 1 Race for 3 year olds over the true Mile distance, yet we all breed to the best sires on what they did over a Mile! Just not right, in my opinion.

Our future within NSW is going in the right direction, for this to continue we all need to understand what we are all trying to get out of it. I know we all have somewhat different opinions / levels of what we expect out of our sport. One of the major KPI's I recognise is just how far we have come in Breeding. Just look at what we have Breed in NSW over the past few years. It just didn't happen. It has been due to a massive input from our Studs & Administrators in NSW working together, so as to bring this out. If you go back 6 - 8 years ago NZ & Vic in my opinion lapped us with Breeding. I give Rob & Julie from Peppertree Stud a huge thank you in leading the way in our State in particular. Jumping onto there coat tails was Yirribee Stud also with lifting the Bar on quality Stallions & Mares within our state. Then to assist in laying a platform we have had the last 2 / 3 Boards of HRNSW all doing what they can to drive us to the forefront of what we have today.
We needed the vision & support from our administrators such as our Board of HRNSW. I know we can all have a go at them from time to time, that goes with the territory, but what has taken place in this State could never have been done without great people leading & supporting the Industry overall. Today we are the ones - State increasing all areas and levels.
That is why Sunday was just so good on all fronts, it just highlighted our whole industry as one.

Just remember if you have a Mare, you need to give her the chance to Breed the next of our Foals through to Race Horse by sending her to a NSW Based Sire.

All the best,

Rob Nalder