Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Standardbred Horses, but not new to horses! :D

Junior Member Foal Getty77 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carrie Scott

Wink New to Standardbred Horses, but not new to horses! :D

Hey y'all! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Standardbred mare and I've looked up her brand to get some more info on her. I've owned horses most of my life, but QH and TB...never had a Standardbred before....so I'm needing some basic info. On her brand information, it listed a S&D last year date of 2008....I have no idea and can't find out what the S&D means. Can someone help please? She is underweight, but I am already working on getting her back up to her proper weight. I know her previous owner (well 2 ppl ago) did 50 mile endurance racing with her...so I know she's going to be an amazing trail horse for me!! Love her already and she's getting the spoiling she deserves! Thanks for any advise and help y'all can offer!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hello there, If you go to the U.S. Trotting site(USTA)I'm pretty sure that you can enter your mare's freezebrand and this should tell you her year of birth and identify her breeding, I'm just passing this information on after doing a bit of study.
    Good Luck

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty77 View Post
    Hey y'all! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Standardbred mare and I've looked up her brand to get some more info on her. I've owned horses most of my life, but QH and TB...never had a Standardbred before....so I'm needing some basic info. On her brand information, it listed a S&D last year date of 2008....I have no idea and can't find out what the S&D means. Can someone help please? She is underweight, but I am already working on getting her back up to her proper weight. I know her previous owner (well 2 ppl ago) did 50 mile endurance racing with her...so I know she's going to be an amazing trail horse for me!! Love her already and she's getting the spoiling she deserves! Thanks for any advise and help y'all can offer!

Hi Carrie,only thing that we can think of here is the "D" is really the > an d therefore making it a SA horse, cannot find anything that relates to a D in any shape or form of our reference info

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Carrie and Bruce, Gee I'm way off track, The Hi Y'all made me think you are in the USA Carrie, For some silly reason I can't see all the details from people that Post on the Forum, Carrie if you can post the Full Freezebrand, We should be able to work out the name and breeding of your mare.

Junior Member Foal Getty77 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carrie Scott
    Thanks y'all! I am actually from the USA LOL. I have her freezebrand info but when I pulled it up, I understood everything but the "S&D Last Year". I'm not sure what it means. Thanks so much!

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    With a bit of help from a learned friend, We have worked out your mares name Carrie, It's Get The Goods.

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    With a bit of help from a learned friend, We have worked out your mares name Carrie, It's Get The Goods.

Well done Richard, very clever your on the ball mate

+ Reply to Thread