Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Cup, Derby, Trotting Championship - Saturday

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Victoria Cup, Derby, Trotting Championship - Saturday

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

It will be an interesting one. Hopefully if a contender finds the lead, the opposition will make it tough, knowing it is only a 2240m event, which may then may open it up for swoopers like WA horses that have drawn 12 (sorry Rod - how do you feel about Sprinter drawing 6/7 in the derby?)

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...0-Victoria-Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    No sponsor for the Victoria Cup?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    The Good Form Victoria Cup.....is Good Form the TAB, or HRV?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Reading this

http://goodform.trot.com.au/about-us/

I am thinking - no sponsor
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

It will be an interesting one. Hopefully if a contender finds the lead, the opposition will make it tough, knowing it is only a 2240m event, which may then may open it up for swoopers like WA horses that have drawn 12 (sorry Rod - how do you feel about Sprinter drawing 6/7 in the derby?)

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...0-Victoria-Cup
    Hi Kev, Sprinter given not drawn outside barrier on front My Hard Copy outside the back line. I would be giving Harness Racing Victoria the finger and concentrate on Menangle.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    No sponsor for the Victoria Cup?
    They deserve it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Hi Kev, Sprinter given not drawn outside barrier on front My Hard Copy outside the back line. I would be giving Harness Racing Victoria the finger and concentrate on Menangle.

Gday Rod. The connections got to draw their own barriers yesterday. Not such a bad draw for Sprinter I reckon. Guess he has to go back now. The pole horse has gone forward at the start from back row draws at it's last 2 starts to lead. Given it's drawn 1 you'd expect it won't be handing up to any of the front line horses. But then you also have Don't Hold Back and Brallos Pass off the front who have also raced forward at last 2 starts. Tipping they'll all want to be up front expecting Lazarus to make a run early on so could be a decent speed race. Given the way Sprinter got home at Ballarat if he gets a nice quiet run he'll be motoring home at the end. Nice horse.

Vic Cup looks like Smolda leads and Lenny sits parked like Ballarat Cup. Lenny won't hand up the death so guessing there won't be a lot of moves (like last year) and as a spectacle the race will be a fizzer (like last year).

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Derby is a very good race with 4-5 chances , Lazarus in all his wins this year has had everything go his way most of the time , with slow first halves[last week 61 ,these day is crawling at ballarat] . Don't hold back did a lot of work early last week and if got out earlier wins by a lot. Sprinter ran the quickest last half last week and hit the line hard . Power of red with a sit on the speed up close etc . I can see Lazarus posted 3 wide for a while and at $1.40 is not value. Pity it wasn't over 2500 ,if they run a quarter over 30 at any stage would we find the best stayer ! Probably not . Just the horse that got the best run.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...n-Victoria-Cup

Mark Purdon on Smolda

“I can’t remember the last time we asked him to go hard off the gate but I realise we have to this week.
    So I will give him a brisk warm-up and get his mind on the job and I am sure he will leave pretty quickly.
    But whether that will be quick enough to hold Lenny, I don’t know"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A deserved win by Lenny albeit narrowly.
    It would appear to have been an exciting race but with two quarters in the 30's over the short distance - it was going to take a miracle for anything to beat Lenny other than Smolda on his back
    As much as I have been an advocate for small tracks as our point of difference, watching all these French clips, I could be convinced of the benefits of larger tracks/longer straights

Approaching midnight and HRV/HRA results still only have replays for the first 4 races up - not good enough
    (one of the times I appreciate Sky - well there website anyway)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread