Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Victoria Cup, Derby, Trotting Championship - Saturday

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Was it the trotting championship that nearly gave me motion sickness. It looked like the camera was attached to a sulky it was jumping around that much. Poor.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    A deserved win by Lenny albeit narrowly.
    It would appear to have been an exciting race but with two quarters in the 30's over the short distance - it was going to take a miracle for anything to beat Lenny other than Smolda on his back
    As much as I have been an advocate for small tracks as our point of difference, watching all these French clips, I could be convinced of the benefits of larger tracks/longer straights

Approaching midnight and HRV/HRA results still only have replays for the first 4 races up - not good enough
    (one of the times I appreciate Sky - well there website anyway)
    Not sure what it would have changed tonight (a Lenny runs out of gas b Smolda gets easy lead or Lenny gets break enough to still win) but the race needs to be 2700. Allow a horse to work in the middle stages. Derby probably needs to be as well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Given that horses are so well gaited/tractable today and tracks are so well cambered, would starting the race on the bend with an angled mobile present as many challenges as it has in previous years?

It could open up more variety in race distances on larger tracks.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Congratulations to Lenny & everyone involved with the Shark! I'm glad Smolda made it a race, as they are 2 of my favourite horses going around, along with little Messini. Can't wait to see Lenny savage Beautide

+ Reply to Thread