Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: 2016 Inter Dominion

  1. #81
    Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Location
    Blayney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Not sure if C Alford didn't quote Herve Filion somewhere recently. Something along the lines of "as drivers we get over acknowledged for the wins on great horses and bagged for the drives on poor horses".
    Yes, I often think we humans try to give ourselves too much credit for our involvement. Good drivers need good trainers who need good horses to begin with

    At the other end of the scale, we sometimes need to remind ourselves that we aren't Jesus Christ and can't work miracles and stop throwing good money after bad
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

  2. #82
    Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Location
    The Gap
    Occupation
    Retired
    Posts
    9,799
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Perfect drive by young Josh, he was probably expecting the winner to give him cover 3W for a bit longer than he did.
    It has got me beat how the All Stars keep doing it
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

  3. #83
    Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    ...It has got me beat how the All Stars keep doing it
    Unfathomable

  4. #84
    Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Location
    The Gap
    Occupation
    Retired
    Posts
    9,799
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That 1.55.8 took 1.2 seconds off the 2936m Tk Rec
    Who would have thought that times would advance so fast that we would see sub 1.56 for the best part of 2 miles on a mile track
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

  5. #85
    Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    That 1.55.8 took 1.2 seconds off the 2936m Tk Rec
    Who would have thought that times would advance so fast that we would see sub 1.56 for the best part of 2 miles on a mile track
    Yes Kev was a great race, its great when the cream rises to the top where it should be!
    Smolda and Purdon proved whos toughest by smashing the GP track record while coming from last to beat a fantastic Hector (great drive Josh gave every chance) and they both came from last to go around every horse.
    So a Kiwi wins a Victorian 2nd, Boaz every chance not good enough and was lucky to keep 3rd as Bling was held up badly and flew home moral beaten for the place while the other Kiwi Franco Nelson after being severely checked also flew home late and may also have beaten Boaz more than likely-but thats racing...
    1st NZ
    2nd Vic
    3rd WA
    4th NSW
    5th NZ

    6th WA
    7th WA
    8th WA
    9th WA
    10th WA

    Who doesn't love cream!!!

  6. #86
    Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Location
    The Gap
    Occupation
    Retired
    Posts
    9,799
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    6th - 10th all get $22k, I would like to see the taper all the way down. You would have to steal some off the place-getters however as you cannot have 10th earn any less as rightly 'following Cody's prinicpal' you cannot have the winner of the consolation ($23k) earning more than the finalists

    The distance and the format are probably never going to be the ideal for a speed machine like Hector

    The time difference between the Consolation and the Final was totally due to the Lead Time and Run Oneover pulling although if that had not been the case there may have been more moves

    ps A big race at 12.30am AEST does next to nothing for the advancement of the sport (anywhere except WA)
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-10-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

  7. #87
    Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    6th - 10th all get $22k, I would like to see the taper all the way down. You would have to steal some off the place-getters however as you cannot have 10th earn any less as rightly 'following Cody's prinicpal' you cannot have the winner of the consolation ($23k) earning more than the finalists

    The distance and the format are probably never going to be the ideal for a speed machine like Hector

    The time difference between the Consolation and the Final was totally due to the Lead Time and Run Oneover pulling although if that had not been the case there may have been more moves

    ps A big race at 12.30am AEST does next to nothing for the advancement of the sport (anywhere except WA)
    Totally agree on your feeling about "the advancement of the sport (anywhere except WA)"
    But its typical of the state and its detachment from the East, thinks its its own Country.
    Sadly for the Trots world, fans, owners, trainers, drivers etc in Eastern states and all of NZ that WA Trots put ZERO care into the race being so late in 80% of the trots world timezones.
    Selfish, uncaring, ignorant in my opinion, if i may have one!
    The race belongs to us-the followers the fans the community and its special-its not owned by WA

  8. #88
    Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Location
    The Gap
    Occupation
    Retired
    Posts
    9,799
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In fairness to WA, as far as distance goes it could easily be its own country - Perth to Sydney is the about the same as going from London to Berlin 4 times
    The Thin Green Line - Supporting the Rangers who protect the world's endangered animals against poachers

  9. #89
    Senior Member 4YO Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Location
    Fremantle
    Occupation
    retired
    Posts
    466
    A kiwi wins good to see, always love it when a NZer wins, the runner up is the first loser (Vic)

  10. #90
    Senior Member 4YO Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Location
    Fremantle
    Occupation
    retired
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Totally agree on your feeling about "the advancement of the sport (anywhere except WA)"
    But its typical of the state and its detachment from the East, thinks its its own Country.
    Sadly for the Trots world, fans, owners, trainers, drivers etc in Eastern states and all of NZ that WA Trots put ZERO care into the race being so late in 80% of the trots world timezones.
    Selfish, uncaring, ignorant in my opinion, if i may have one!
    The race belongs to us-the followers the fans the community and its special-its not owned by WA
    When are you ever going to get over your inferiority complex?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts