Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: russian bloodlines

Member Gelding richard1955 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    richard ducharme

russian bloodlines

The dam ( First Dance) of one of our horses (Quick Work who raced in europe) had a foal (filly) exported
    to russia. Is there any info available about russian trotting ?

Richard DuCHARME

Real Name
    richard ducharme
    doesn't ANYBODY know ANYTHING about harness racing in RUSSIA ?

Junior Member Foal corso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    alex rybkin
    Yes I do know a little about harness racing in Russia. But I can't find any info about Quick Work or First Dance. What breed are they?

Member Gelding EuroTrot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mario Vinci
    Tip on the names, and you will get further information. You can change the language, if you tip right on top the english flag.
    http://www.sukuposti.net/hevonen/hae/jalkelaiset/958250

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Hi
    Thanks to the work of John Peck, Professor Ron Groves and the wizardry of Classicfamilies.net , you will find First Dance and her descendents and their respective records here:

http://www.classicfamilies.net/Horse...rseID=10050118

Member Yearling papagayo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    Sorry for answering almost a year later I assume you mean Flower Dance? She had 8 foals in Russia, 3 by Alyi Mak, 2 by Mix Hanover, 2 by Reprise and 1 by Speedy Miles.

Real Name
    richard ducharme
    Yes, FLOWER DANCE was the first foal out of First Dance. I am not familiar with any of these Russian Sires ? I am curious if any of her foals had any influence on Russian Racing ?

Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    She had one son, Fag, who was quite decent. He sired Farfor who earned quite a bit of money in the late 80s and he is also the damsire of Pikur, the 2001 Russian Derby winner. Pikur's pedigree is found at http://www.sophiapedigrees.com/search/1342228/standard/

Real Name
    richard ducharme
    Thank you for the interesting info. I don't know ANYTHING about the russian bloodlines. What adds EXTRA interest to the Flower Dance story is that ( and I don't remember all the details ?) But while Dad was racing Quick Work (mid 70's) @ Yonkers one night (FFA) when a delegation from RUSSIA ( their UN embassy in NYC) came to look at Quick Work, with the interest (intent) to buy him. Which is WHY my questions ?

We weren't interested in selling. First, we didn't "need" the $$$. Second, they couldn't offer enough anyway. But it does raise interesting questions ? about both HOW Flower Dance got EXPORTED ? Who "officially" bought her ? ans HOW did they export her during the Cold War ? I would assume in those days she would have gone by ship ?

R DuCHARME

Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    I assume by plane - probably to West Berlin (?) and then by train (?) Just speculation on my side, though - but I know that when Tamerlane and Reprise were sold to the Soviet Union a few years later, they went by plane from the US (though it never crossed by mind to try to find out where that plane went). Those two horses were officially bought by state-owned farms (though everything is state-owned anyway so it's all a technicality - it all belonged to Brezhnev )

+ Reply to Thread