Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Live Foal percentages

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

Live Foal percentages

100 mare bred, say 70% infoal, 70% live foals? is that how it works?
    What is the difference between NA and AU and NZ?
    NA has pay on live foal, do many in AU and NZ do this? I think the Stallion Station offer it.
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-11-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: wrote a bad comment re- Stallion Station. saving it for later

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Most of the frozen semen sire's e.g Western Ideal, Rocknroll Hanover, Artsplace, Muscles Yankee and Muscle hill are pay on live foal but i dont think the stallion station have any pay on live foal stallions there.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    there were othes prepared to do it this year - I even heard of one saying when weaned

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I suppose it's hard for the studs out here who import the stallions to have a pay on live foal due to there cost must be paid straight away, such as insurance, transport and advertising. I like the idea of pay on live foal that way if your mare misses or something happens your not locked into that stallion the next year.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Don`t feel to bad for the studs Mango, they will agree to just about any payment arrangments you can think of.
    Pay on live foal is the best by far.
    Paying after the yearling sales of the previous years foals is also helpful.
    Anyone that pays at 45 day preg must have that money sitting around in a tin.
    The infoal % dropped after the introduction of AI and fell below that of the thoroughbreds.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    http://harness.org.au/hra/annual/pub.../dec_breed.htm

Has anyone seen a more up to date report than this one, the recently formed breeding panel could have started work 10 years ago.

Check out the the two last columns at this link
    http://harness.org.au/hra/annual/pub...s/regn_all.pdf

EI is blamed for the decrease, to me the decline is easy to see prior to EI.
    It would be very interesting to see more current figures.
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-12-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Added something

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Justdoit
    Don't get me wrong i don't feel bad for studs but they do have a lot of costs, and i'd say the owners of the stallions in America would want there money a.s.a.p and now that most stallions over there can only serve 150 by sending them down here they have open books and this is where they make there money. As i said before i'm a big fan of pay on live foal, i had a Western Ideal filly born oct 2010 and it was pay on live foal and i already had the money before my mare was was 42 day positive so i put my money in a fixed term for 12 months and made about $1000 interest so i'm the winner this time around.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    140 in the USA and no limit in Canada, it make the likes of Western Ideal more attractive to breeders.

triplev123
    G'day Justdoit,

Here in Australia for the 2009/2010 Season 8,415 mares were served resulting 5,197 live foals, a thoroughly disgraceful & most notably all-time low of 61.76%.
    I have my own ideas/theories on why this has occurred and I intend to deliver directly to the Breeding Panel at one of their planned public meetings in the coming moths.
    Incidentally, in the 2009/2010 Season, for the 1st time EVER and despite all the assisted breeding techniques that we were are able to employ...the Australian Harness Racing Industry's Live Foal % actually fell below that which was recorded by the TB's. I'm not sure the Industry Desk Pilots here in Oz truly appreciate the significance of that unprecedented outcome.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    they are pretty poor results - wonder what the equivalent is here. does the drought you were having last year have a significant impact?

+ Reply to Thread