Roll With Joe

Thread: cobalt

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/su...-1227320228038

“We’ve been named, blamed and shamed and been punished for something nobody has done’’ Kavanagh told RSN.

Kavanagh, one of four Victorian stables being investigated for horses returning illegal levels of cobalt, insisted neither he nor the other trainers had cheated.

He said he had lost horses and had not purchased any at recent yearling sales amid the uncertainty of the future and the drop off of clients.

Peter Moody has revealed he has also lost clients.

Kavanagh said the ongoing investigation and stigma had “affected me personally and my business dramatically”.

“Nobody’s done anything wrong. It’s in feed supplements and it’s turned up in swabs and it’s just unfortunate,’’ he said.

Kavanagh said there was evidence that multiple use of legal supplements could push a horse above the 200 microgram/litre of urine threshold

Jamie Lovett, breeder and part-owner of Melbourne Cup winner Protectionist, appeared unconvinced by Kavanagh’s defence, tweeting “Vitamins … really…’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/su...-1227320228038

Edit - I thought there was evidence that you could not get a horse over 35 on legal supplements or was that just feed? I wonder whether he would go so far as to say that 'multiple use of legal supplements' was following administration instructions
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI